Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoloGTI

PoloGTI

Male Number of posts : 36
Drives : Audi A3 8L 1.8T Quattro & Mk2 Polo Coupe S
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Project Breaddy for not much reddys Empty
PostSubject: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 04:44

Hi Everyone,
i am looking at changing the engine on my Mk2 polo H reg 1045cc Breadvan as i would like to turn it into a kinda street sleeper
i think the largest engine that will go in will be a 1.6 as i have heard they fit in with minimal modification but i may be wrong.
i am not sure weather to use the fuel enjection ecu etc or go for carbs but as i have a good knowledge of car electrics im swinging towards fuel injection. i was thinking of having a play about with nos or a super charger if i can get 1 cheap.
i am going to treat the exterior to a new coat of paint and a few sutuble changes
i Live in wisbech in cambridgeshire so if anyone fancys giving me a had it will be awsome.
Also please dont go slagging this post off for waisting a mk2 polo as i want to see her getting some real enjoyment again.
1st step does anyone have a 1.6 aee engine or a 1.4 engine with verything needed for a conversion pm me or ring me on 07817579988,
Thanks
James
Back to top Go down
http://www.route76.co.uk
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 06:22

i live in sutton bridge, 9 miles away, ill probably be able to help with the dirty stuff but not the electrics etc
Back to top Go down
alex'87

alex'87

Male Number of posts : 261
Drives : mk3 golf derv wagon, mk1 caddy (project),mk1 mx5 skidder (project)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 13:40

dunno of its any help, but i heard that a polo gt engine running 1400 skoda felicia bottom end is a really good setup. think i read this on one of the polo forums somewhere. decent cam and sorted head would give u pretty nippy car.

haven't seen any info on runnin a 1600 lump in a mk2/3, but i would like to know if it can be done as i'd do it to mine!
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 16:10

good to c ya bak with another polo m8, have to bring it to a meet soon
Back to top Go down
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 17:16

could be wrong but im sure ive seen a thread on clubpolo about fitting a 1.6 into an earlier polo.

im pretty sure there was even a polo git engine and box for sale on there for about £500 today...
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 17:22

pleaseeeeee put a 1.4 or 1.6 16v from the mk4 polo in it. They are supposed to go in easily enough, put that on decent management whack an eaton on would be a bloody awesome sleeper and more power than you will need.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 17:48

v8 it Razz
Back to top Go down
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

Male Number of posts : 470
Drives : 205 gti 1.9..defected to the darkside!!!
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 18:11

seems obvious but would be it too boring/too much hassle to find a g40 engine and slot that in? failing that, a 1.3 polo mk3gt engine on bike carbs would be awsome. and as carbs need no complex managment to run that would simplify thing greatly!
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 20:18

g40s suck
Back to top Go down
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

Male Number of posts : 470
Drives : 205 gti 1.9..defected to the darkside!!!
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 20:33

how come? never been in one so don't know what they're like tbh. they always seemed to be pretty quick cars though! or is the G-lader a barsteward to keep serviced like the one on the G60?

here's what you should do!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjcxTdCfV2M&feature=channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJD3Zp56Hgk&feature=channel_page

or perhaps;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPVNO53jwc4&feature=channel_page
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 21:11

G40's are fast as foobar but are silly expensive to buy let alone service or tune. Think rixy rebuilt his 3 times so fooooooook that

How bout a 1.3 8v from a polo 6n Wink . I still have it in the car so loom is still there too. All yours for £80

treesnake26

treesnake26

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys EmptySat Feb 14 2009, 15:31

alex'87 wrote:
dunno of its any help, but i heard that a polo gt engine running 1400 skoda felicia bottom end is a really good setup. think i read this on one of the polo forums somewhere. decent cam and sorted head would give u pretty nippy car.

haven't seen any info on runnin a 1600 lump in a mk2/3, but i would like to know if it can be done as i'd do it to mine!
g40 sittin in ur work shop tut tut tut Suspect u lazy git !!!! sort the charger out dude;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Breaddy for not much reddys   Project Breaddy for not much reddys Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Breaddy for not much reddys
Page 1 of 1