fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) Empty
PostSubject: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySat Feb 07 2009, 08:49

Im thinking of selling my rado :( but i feel an sudden urge to do something my of my own, i can get hold of a mk2 van not tax nd mot but its very cheap Laughing and comes with a set of G60 steels and dropped 60mm

Ive got a few plans for it and one is a vr lump. I have no ideas one where about to shop for a whole engine and gearbox and so on and who would be the best person to fit it ready for it to be MOT'd

suggestions welcome guys

cheers
matt
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySat Feb 07 2009, 10:26

What year is the van mate and what engine does it have in it?
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

PostSubject: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySat Feb 07 2009, 13:41

i thinks its a G reg and ive been told thats its suposidly got a 1.9 tdi engine but im not too sure on that mate
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySat Feb 07 2009, 16:41

should be 90 spec style with the CE2 fusebox then so the VR wiring loom would be plug and play cheers

Also you really NEED a complete running driving donor car mate cause there is a lot of parts you need and it causes big headaches and costs more in the long run to buy parts seperate.
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySun Feb 08 2009, 10:20

They did'nt make a tdi mk2 van mate. They did a 1.9td run out model but that came later
Its prob a 1.6td, nevertheless, if its a 90spec model like tiz means, the loom will be plug and play as it'll have a mk3 style fuse panel Very Happy

Its not the van up at rings end by any chance is it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
gangsterdub

PostSubject: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySun Feb 08 2009, 10:45

Yeh im not too sure on the whole history of the van just what ive been told, Yeh im hopefully going to start my own project and try different things. I think i can get a whole vr from my mate as she dinged it 2 years ago and has been sitting in a field since then

Erm yeh its the van at rings end mate that white and black one, the bloke has done a few bits of work on my rado and on my cousins polo, hes got a nice blue Mk1 Gti in his garden too
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySun Feb 08 2009, 10:48

Last time i see that van, it looked like it was filled with sh1t and ready to be weighed in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
gangsterdub

PostSubject: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySun Feb 08 2009, 10:58

Yeh i think it is/was, but i just got to have a look at it, it does look a bit ratty but goes either way lol! cant see a dub go to waste and its the first van ive seen.

I think there is a red mk2 5/3 door in wisbech that has a diesel engine in and from what i saw it looked fairly nippy, and had a quality sticker sayin Made in Germany Refined in Wisbech
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) EmptySun Feb 08 2009, 11:03

put the VR in your rado you tool lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)   One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :) Empty

Back to top Go down

One for the Tizmeister... or anyone else that can help :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Fendubbers :: VAG Chit Chat-
Jump to: