fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

whos off work cos of the snow?

Go down 
+3
Tobz
jimmymidnight
bob_drinks_beer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

whos off work cos of the snow? Empty
PostSubject: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 11:01

yesterday in the astra van of doom in about 6inches of snow i poodled into work with no problems. ish

had a go thismorning in my car but went very sideways at bout 20mph on the a142 and missed an avensis by about 2mm, if it wasnt for the layby oposite the jet garage id be askin if anyone knows where i can get a new front end!

got moaned at by a c**t at work for ringing in to say i couldnt get in today cos the roads near work were fine. im in a foul mood cos of that so im not gonna even attempt to go in later and im gonna sit at home, look on the interweb, and build a snoman! lol
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 11:11

i was off yesterday for the same reason, got loads of stick today, now my car is quickly being burried in the office car park...great...i did throw a snowball at some d-bags throat though! win! cheers
Back to top Go down
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 11:26

yesterday it was the work van i was risking so i was a bit braver! lol

this mornings near miss was waaaay too close for my liking! 142 was just like an ice rink!
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 11:30

i was on the back roads to cottenham, not fun! [retty much went into my parking space sideways this morning! not looking forward to the drive back
Back to top Go down
Tobz

Tobz

Male Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 12:00

meh, made it from my village in the sticks up to ely no problem this morning. Admittedly my right foot had to substitute for the lack of ABS on a couple of occassions when I had some lockups while braking but tis all good fun Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 12:13

I didnt even know the Bora had abs til the other day! Made it in both monday and today but must admit thinking on monday that i may have struggled had i been in the Rado still as the front splitter would have been a snow plough! Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 12:20

martinb wrote:
I didnt even know the Bora had abs til the other day! Made it in both monday and today but must admit thinking on monday that i may have struggled had i been in the Rado still as the front splitter would have been a snow plough! Laughing

yeah, i got a lift in on monday, but manned up today and went in in the rado, was interesting on the slippery stuff! it was good yesterday though, ploughing that snow out the way like a bad man! lol lol!
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 13:00

i was off yesterday after taking 20mins of snow ploughing effort nd snow-roll making from the front spliter being 3inch off the floor to be told that we gotta go home as the bin lorries wont move off the spot..... would of have been a good laugh gettin the lorries out lol!
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptyFri Feb 06 2009, 16:23

im off work because i was made redundant:(, so ive been sliding down hils on a skim board Very Happy. but i did get very very stuck earlier, i went through a car park, and my spliter built up so much snow i got wedeged, so i went to reverse and went no where, i opened the bonnet and there was sooo much snow built up over my drive shafts and gearbox and sh1te loads built up on my subframe so it was proper wedged haha, then i got dragged out by some guy in a landy he saved mee. its good fun diving about with hand brake up, not that ive been trying it Razz
Back to top Go down
remy313

remy313

Male Number of posts : 299
Drives : Pea mint green polo
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? EmptySat Feb 07 2009, 09:35

my boss made me go out and it took me 4 and a half hours to get to luton, i wasnt very happy at all,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whos off work cos of the snow?   whos off work cos of the snow? Empty

Back to top Go down

whos off work cos of the snow?
Page 1 of 1