fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help with engine prices...need to make room

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

help with engine prices...need to make room Empty
PostSubject: help with engine prices...need to make room   help with engine prices...need to make room EmptySat Jan 31 2009, 19:07

hi all

after some help on pricing some engines up

ive had a corrado 16v engine sat in my garage for years now, its got 1.8 stamped on the block though the engine might be a 2.0L. its acomplete engine with all parts (starter, alternator etc) and a gearbox. the engine has done approx 130k.

there is nothing wrong with it! how much would it be worth???

also a kr 16v head and block, good engine which made my mk2 valver RAPID, just now out of use as i am doing ABF conversion, again approx 130K.

how much is this worth???

any ideas would be appreciated!

its time for a clearout....im itching to by another mk2, yes it would be the third on the drive, or to make room for a few other engines in particular a 2.0L 8v for the taxi and eventually a 20v turbo!
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : 76 bus..superfly Tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: help with engine prices...need to make room   help with engine prices...need to make room EmptyTue Feb 03 2009, 13:10

hello mate,
just curious as to what makes you think the 1.8 is a 2.0 litre? unfortunately unless you have paper work to back it up,and even then it's dubious until you take the head off and measure the pistons...
.... Does the engine spin freely? if it's been sat for a while and has seized it may need a complete strip down ,which is going to cost as much in new gaskets,bolts and piston rings as what the engine is worth

..Realistically........ a 1.8 16v kr engine go for between £50-£80 , the gearbox between £30-£50... but sell them separate for a better return , there was a guy advertising a complete set up not so long ago (engine,box and i think it had wiring loom) that only managed £80 on ebay ..of course i hope you get a bit more for them dude!

As for the head and block..... you may get the same amount as the complete unit if you sell separately..... i managed to buy just the head and block off a perfectly good engine off ebay for a penny ( and the guy was less than five miles away)..... i sold the head for forty quid ...

Good luck dude
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: help with engine prices...need to make room   help with engine prices...need to make room EmptyTue Feb 03 2009, 13:13

the previous owner thought it was a 2 litre. and i know someone who had a 2 litre but 1.8 was stamped on the block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with engine prices...need to make room   help with engine prices...need to make room Empty

Back to top Go down

help with engine prices...need to make room
Page 1 of 1