fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

swoping out engine and gearbox

Go down 
+4
bridgedubber
MarkGTX
Ashley
dodgy_spike
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

Male Number of posts : 31
Drives : Golf MK3 VR6
Registration date : 2009-01-08

swoping out engine and gearbox Empty
PostSubject: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 16:59

hello everyone, after owning my vr6 2 weeks the gearbox is knackered (auto gearbox) so ive bought a 60k engine and gearbox for £500 today to replace the lot as mines done 123k. any ideas of who to take it to thats erm cheep Laughing but good?

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 17:27

give mvdevelopements a shout on here, no idea if they're 'cheap but good', but they're good at what they do
Back to top Go down
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 17:36

45h845h wrote:
give mvdevelopements a shout on here, no idea if they're 'cheap but good', but they're good at what they do

ok mate nice one Cool
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 18:45

how much do you want for the old engine and box? i know there knackered but i can use them to set up a custom vr subframe in my caddy. i can come and collect them from you or wherever you have them swapped
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 19:45

where bouts do you live, i know of someone, a friend of mine who is also my mechanic, who is dirt cheap.

based in lincolnshire

just an idea!
Back to top Go down
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 21:07

MarkGTX wrote:
how much do you want for the old engine and box? i know there knackered but i can use them to set up a custom vr subframe in my caddy. i can come and collect them from you or wherever you have them swapped

the engine is fine just swoping it out cos i bought the gearbox and engine as one so as its done 60k its got to be better than my 123k engine but yes the gearbox is fooked lol ill give you a shout when swopped mate Wink
Back to top Go down
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyTue Jan 27 2009, 21:09

bridgedubber wrote:
where bouts do you live, i know of someone, a friend of mine who is also my mechanic, who is dirt cheap.

based in lincolnshire

just an idea!

i live in tilney st lawrence mate half way between lynn and wizbecistan Laughing
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 06:14

dodgy_spike wrote:
bridgedubber wrote:

based in lincolnshire

just an idea!

i live in tilney st lawrence mate half way between lynn and wizbecistan Laughing

well i and he lives in sutton bridge so your about a total of 10 miles away.

if you want me to ask my mate if hes interested let me know

incase your wondering he's a vw owner too as are ALL of his family
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 09:14

That Alex in cross keys Ben?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 10:10

CaddyRage wrote:

no lee, Jason West, lives down king or queen street

isnt alex supposed to be expensive?
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 10:14

would the box and engine be a straight swap and then a case of putting in a gear stick
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 10:23

bridgedubber wrote:
CaddyRage wrote:

no lee, Jason West, lives down king or queen street

isnt alex supposed to be expensive?

Ah right, i know his brother pete(dockings holt place)

nah, alex is good mate

he a wiring god lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 10:24

you'll need the cable shifter and cables, pedal box, a load of wiring, fitting a hydraulic clutch cylinder, change the master cylinder reservoir pot and fit a pipe to the clutch master cylinder and thats all thats coming off the top of my head at the moment, why do you think i havent offered to do it lol. So just an engine and box isnt great to take on the job with really as you need lots and lots of little bits and bobs to complete the conversion. I wouldnt put any money on it but i would bet the engine loom is different too.
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 12:44

Tiz wrote:
you'll need the cable shifter and cables, pedal box, a load of wiring, fitting a hydraulic clutch cylinder, change the master cylinder reservoir pot and fit a pipe to the clutch master cylinder and thats all thats coming off the top of my head at the moment, why do you think i havent offered to do it lol. So just an engine and box isnt great to take on the job with really as you need lots and lots of little bits and bobs to complete the conversion. I wouldnt put any money on it but i would bet the engine loom is different too.

cor f*cking hell and i thought it was gonna be easy!

Yeah lee, ive heard that hes the shiznit at wiring but someone told me he can be an arse and expensive but i spose thats somenes opinion
Back to top Go down
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 12:56

yes mate could you ask how much a straight swap out would be im getting compleat engine and gearbox including everything thats bolted on to it Smile
Back to top Go down
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 12:58

oh and both gearboxes are auto
Back to top Go down
sfish04

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 13:27

Auto = FAIL. 5 speed FTW! tongue If any of the wiring looms are different, just swap over the needed sensors from your 123k motor to the 60k motor so everything is plug and play. Thats if say your VR is OBDI and the swap you are getting is OBDII. Easy as pie. Even if you went to a 5 speed swap, its not really that big of job as it was originally designed for the car, so basically everything is just bolt on and go after you aquire all the little things for the clutch & shifter.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 13:42

If your swapping like for like, just lower mileage motor, it should just be a straight swap surely? scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 13:43

sfish04 wrote:
Auto = FAIL. 5 speed FTW! tongue If any of the wiring looms are different, just swap over the needed sensors from your 123k motor to the 60k motor so everything is plug and play. Thats if say your VR is OBDI and the swap you are getting is OBDII. Easy as pie. Even if you went to a 5 speed swap, its not really that big of job as it was originally designed for the car, so basically everything is just bolt on and go after you aquire all the little things for the clutch & shifter.

auto=old fart Laughing both engines are obd11
Back to top Go down
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 13:45

matty_mk1 wrote:
If your swapping like for like, just lower mileage motor, it should just be a straight swap surely? scratch

Very Happy thats wot im hopeing
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 13:50

as you say both are obd11 so no problem there, cant see why it wouldnt be unplug/bolt everything swap over plug/bolt together turn the key job done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 13:57

as matty sais, should be an easy swap. Have you thought about trying to do it yourself?
Back to top Go down
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 14:02

MarkGTX wrote:
as matty sais, should be an easy swap. Have you thought about trying to do it yourself?

Laughing i was sh@t at lego when i was a kid so engines is a no no, plus im waiting for an operation on my spine so i dont think it would do me much good Laughing :cyclops: that why i need to pay someone to do it for me:lol!:
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 14:07

ill ask for you!

im sure hell be interested especially if its a straight swap!
Back to top Go down
dodgy_spike

dodgy_spike

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox EmptyWed Jan 28 2009, 14:11

bridgedubber wrote:
ill ask for you!

im sure hell be interested especially if its a straight swap!

nice 1 cheers mate.cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: swoping out engine and gearbox   swoping out engine and gearbox Empty

Back to top Go down

swoping out engine and gearbox
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next