fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks

Go down 
+4
CaddyRage
Cupra20
Dan34
MarkGTX
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks Empty
PostSubject: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 17:50

would anybody be interested in polished tanks for there dubs? im making a prototype at the moment, if it works ok i will be making some more.

they will probably be a cylinder with brackets to fit the original position.

i can also make other stainless goodies i.e. battery trays, radiator covers etc.

let me know your thoughts so i know if its worth making some more!

will be selling them on here for a reasonable price if thats ok with lee, and then a higher price over on edition38 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 17:53

im interested sounds like a good idea, wouldnt mind a stainless battery cover

Dan
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 17:56

yeah i could do them, gotta be careful not to short the terminals with them though, maybe best to put a non conductive backing on them
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 17:58

yeah good thinking batman!

anywayyyyy im definetly i wanna spruce up my engine bay in the next few months general clean up paint a few parts and some shiny bits would look cool Smile

Dan
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
Cupra20

Cupra20

Male Number of posts : 553
Drives : Ibiza Cupra
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 18:05

Sounds like a top idea, i'd be up for a battery holder as i've got to do a battery relocation soon, not sure on batter size though that i'm going use. Would the washer bottles have sight tubes and what size etc?
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 18:09

was thinking the bottles would have a tube at the bottom, the same diameter as the pump so they could be joined easily.

obviously i would need to know the outer diameter of the pump and make each bottle specific, or make them all with say a mk2 pump built in, so all you have to do is wire it in, as all cars are gonna be a 12volt pump?

by sight tubes do you mean a bit up the side that shows how full they are? that would be a bit of an arse to make, and look a bit cluttered i think?
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 18:32

would be easier to make them with all the same pump in mind and as you say wire them to suit, yeah sight tube would be an arse to make i suppose just an idea, what sort of capacity bottle was you thinking doing?
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 19:24

really im going to have to look at the car in question, to see how much room i have and how it fixes.

so really the capacity depends on how much space there is.

i can make things in pretty much any shape, but obviously more complicated things are going to take longer.

maybe if somebody is willing to let me use there car as a prototype i could sell them a bottle at a cheaper price, then i can make drawings and produce them later on?

but its important to remember, this is just an idea and im only going to be able to produce a limited number in a given time as im fitting this in around other things
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 19:36

Fine with me mark Very Happy

Should look the biz going on what ya weldings like king
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 20:28

mark while im doing my mk2 im happy to lend you some tanks to take measurements etc so you can start making some? Think im gonna want some stailess bits doing too.
Back to top Go down
BigMonty

BigMonty

Male Number of posts : 451
Drives : French daddy bus. and a few dubs
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 20:40

Cracking Idea !!!!!
You wanna extend your field a bit. I had some custom stainless bits made for the 34 ford last year. Cost an absolute fortune.
Credit crunch stainless ltd. Theres your business !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyTue Jan 20 2009, 21:13

these sound good

i also have various spare bottles/tanks that could be used to measure and copy etc
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 17:15

I'm willing to be a test car cos i'd like to do a custom washer bottle that fits behind my charge pipe and enable me to move it back a bit. if your coming to the meet next week we could have a blue sky thinking session if you want?
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 17:24

yeah i'll be there
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyFri Jan 23 2009, 16:59

cool, i should be there if it's not raining!!!
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyFri Jan 23 2009, 17:05

dont let the rain put u off! Im not sure i know what you look like, so you might have to come find me. Will be in the slammed burgundy passat.
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyFri Jan 23 2009, 17:16

I'm the lad in the ibiza cupra with the carbon bonnet, we convoyed to the meet before last from little chef, remember?
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyFri Jan 23 2009, 17:23

yeah i remember, i might even bring a tank along to show you if ive done one by then
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptyFri Jan 23 2009, 17:27

I'll make myself known anyway, yeah would be good to see one but don't worry if you can't get one done, don't forget to bring a tape aswell!!!
Back to top Go down
edd89

edd89

Male Number of posts : 52
Drives : 1989 mk2 20v, 2001 8l audi s3 facelift
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks EmptySun Jan 25 2009, 10:41

i would be interested in a shiney uber polished header tank Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks   polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks Empty

Back to top Go down

polished stainless washer bottles/header tanks
Page 1 of 1