HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Next cambs meet.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
69rat

avatar

Male Number of posts : 485
Location : royston
Drives : ratty 69 bug, 88 mk2 golf
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Fri Jan 16 2009, 23:09

SRIDENZ wrote:
ratlook_ping wrote:
So what is your car, or do you honestly drive that thing?

I drive a corsa but not that one. Mine is OEM+ i too hate chavvy sh1te boxs

My penis is quite small, but thankfully my mrs don't seem to mind Very Happy


so is this your one??

i can understand lowering it. as 90% of my cars have been lowered. but whats that in your front grill? and those mirrors?
i have to say a corsa is the only car in the world i would refuse to own!

rather drive a fiat panda lol

have to admit tho you have a good sence of humour thats ont of the best threads ive ever read on the net! :face:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 00:47

Its an intercooler..............Mechanics not your strong point?

The mirrors are OEM. And a fiat panda aint got 170bhp and over 250lbft

but your personal preference i spose:cheers:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jellyb30



Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 00:49

more importantly, we just passed the rag top on the back of a trailer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 00:59

jellyb30 wrote:
more importantly, we just passed the rag top on the back of a trailer!

Indeed we did! lol

I also have some good news for you! The plans for the forum to attend Halfrauds on the same day have been withdrawn.

Cheers for the banter chaps

Much love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratlook_ping

avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 29
Location : exning
Drives : Mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:02

This still not overwith? i say let the corsa crew cum along, might inspire them and make them see the light Smile. Whats the harm if they're gonna chill and just look round the cars? his car looks like a standard corsa anyway, and if thats the sorta stuff his mates are driving too, i dont think they're gonna bring down the general 'look' of the meet lol.
Your intercooler does look like the back of a fridge tho Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ping_i
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:04

ratlook_ping wrote:
This still not overwith? i say let the corsa crew cum along, might inspire them and make them see the light Smile. Whats the harm if they're gonna chill and just look round the cars? his car looks like a standard corsa anyway, and if thats the sorta stuff his mates are driving too, i dont think they're gonna bring down the general 'look' of the meet lol.
Your intercooler does look like the back of a fridge tho Laughing

That'll be the nitrous cooling spray bar then. Fridge, kettle element, grille from oven...... i heard em all. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz



Male Number of posts : 3773
Age : 27
Location : Wimblington nr March - Cambs
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:12

LOL WTF why do you need a spray bar for on a foooookin derv turbo... jesus christ.

Go on... wow me with your mechanical knowledge on why you need a gimmick bar or was it so you can have a nawwwzzzzzzz sticker?


Last edited by Tiz on Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:16

Tiz wrote:
LOL WTF why do you need a spray bar for on a foooookin derv turbo... jesus christ.

It was cheap, i bought it, tried it and found the drops in temp dint make massive improvements...........hence why it no longer on the car and sold awaiting collection
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz



Male Number of posts : 3773
Age : 27
Location : Wimblington nr March - Cambs
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:17

SRIDENZ wrote:
Tiz wrote:
LOL WTF why do you need a spray bar for on a foooookin derv turbo... jesus christ.

It was cheap, i bought it, tried it and found the drops in temp dint make massive improvements...........hence why it no longer on the car and sold awaiting collection

of course it bloody didnt as its meant to lower intake temps at high boost and high rpms on petrols to stop/lower detonation.... funnily enough you dont need to worry about det on a diesel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratlook_ping

avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 29
Location : exning
Drives : Mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:20

i was talking bout the whole package, but that bit in particular i spose Laughing.

So no corsa folk cummin to the meet? ive just hadda look on your forum and you've bashed us lot a goodun, you only got 4 pages of abuse as you made yourself out to be the kinda corsa driver we (and everyone else including you lot) hate the most, i know it was intended as a joke, but didn't really come across that way, kinda hard to type sarcasm tongue.
Come and have a browse at the meet, i guarantee you wont be greated with forks and torches, I really dont see the problem of u lot coming along???

For the record, it was a 'gaypride-blue' corsa B, think thts wot u call em, with lex-arse lights and shite curbed up wheels and a beancan backbox doing handbreak turns around the cars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ping_i
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:22

Tiz wrote:
SRIDENZ wrote:
Tiz wrote:
LOL WTF why do you need a spray bar for on a foooookin derv turbo... jesus christ.

It was cheap, i bought it, tried it and found the drops in temp dint make massive improvements...........hence why it no longer on the car and sold awaiting collection

of course it bloody didnt as its meant to lower intake temps at high boost and high rpms on petrols to stop/lower detonation.... funnily enough you dont need to worry about det on a diesel

You live and learn buddy. No need for the attitude. The work done to my car is all a first so things need trying. Some worked some dint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:26

ratlook_ping wrote:
i was talking bout the whole package, but that bit in particular i spose Laughing.

So no corsa folk cummin to the meet? ive just hadda look on your forum and you've bashed us lot a goodun, you only got 4 pages of abuse as you made yourself out to be the kinda corsa driver we (and everyone else including you lot) hate the most, i know it was intended as a joke, but didn't really come across that way, kinda hard to type sarcasm tongue.
Come and have a browse at the meet, i guarantee you wont be greated with forks and torches, I really dont see the problem of u lot coming along???

For the record, it was a 'gaypride-blue' corsa B, think thts wot u call em, with lex-arse lights and shite curbed up wheels and a beancan backbox doing handbreak turns around the cars.

Its all been call ed off mate. Its a Corsa C owners club, very few B' on there at all. Most ppl buy newer or faster after there C's so its not likely to be a member! I promise MOST of our members are proper car lovers. I have been to fen dubbers a few time as all my mates are vag boys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz



Male Number of posts : 3773
Age : 27
Location : Wimblington nr March - Cambs
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:31

tbh what did you really expect?

VAG enthusiasts are in my opinion the most blinkered enthusiasts of any car brand and aren't very open minded to other cars at all. Considering its really "our meet" for FEN DUBBERS.... you know dub owners in the fens... Maybe you should have come on here and asked if you could be part of our meet and to be honest im sure you would have been told you would be accepted as long as you made a little section for yourselves and didnt park amongst the dubbers to sort of seperate things as in the end it IS a dub meet.. Rather than just barging in and wanting to pretty much gate crash?

Oh and tell your cocky little 1.0 12v chain rattling piece of sh1te friend that we dont all think vag stands for volkswagen audi group... its just mostly and easier summerised as that.. Or would he rather we said Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft ever time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:34

[quote="Tiz"]tbh what did you really expect?

VAG enthusiasts are in my opinion the most blinkered enthusiasts of any car brand and aren't very open minded to other cars at all. Considering its really "our meet" for FEN DUBBERS.... you know dub owners in the fens... Maybe you should have come on here and asked if you could be part of our meet and to be honest im sure you would have been told you would be accepted as long as you made a little section for yourselves and didnt park amongst the dubbers to sort of seperate things as in the end it IS a dub meet.. Rather than just barging in and wanting to pretty much gate crash?

Oh and tell your cocky little 1.0 12v chain rattling piece of sh1te friend that we dont all think vag stands for volkswagen audi group... its just mostly and easier summerised as that.. Or would he rather we said Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft ever time?[/quote]

Little lost but i will pass it on for you lol!

And as for the above..... i can appreciate all your saying mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz



Male Number of posts : 3773
Age : 27
Location : Wimblington nr March - Cambs
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:41

oh just a guy on the corsa forum laughing saying we all think VAG stands for volkswagen audi group and hes awesome cause he works for vag... etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratlook_ping

avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 29
Location : exning
Drives : Mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:42

i dunno, the aircooled side of things is farrrrrrrrrr less blinkered. Take a look on volkszone, half the members dont own V dubs Laughing .
i looked round the corsa site and to be fair they'res a shitloada VW influence going on, and the majority of the cars, although still not my taste, seem to be fairly decent. There are sum proper munters on there tho, and but nice to see other members of their forum saying that too Very Happy .
I like looking at other forums, good to see whats going on. Only thing id say is that there doesn't seem to be any origionality, looks like they're kinda restricted as far as modifying goes. Most cars lok like they want a sporty hot hatch, but not to look like a chav, so black lights, wheels, sensible zorst and lowering, they'res milions of them tht follow that trend??
The ones that go a bit further have to go for bodykits, lights and smoothing, and it just looks wank to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ping_i
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:46

ratlook_ping wrote:
i dunno, the aircooled side of things is farrrrrrrrrr less blinkered. Take a look on volkszone, half the members dont own V dubs Laughing .
i looked round the corsa site and to be fair they'res a shitloada VW influence going on, and the majority of the cars, although still not my taste, seem to be fairly decent. There are sum proper munters on there tho, and but nice to see other members of their forum saying that too Very Happy .
I like looking at other forums, good to see whats going on. Only thing id say is that there doesn't seem to be any origionality, looks like they're kinda restricted as far as modifying goes. Most cars lok like they want a sporty hot hatch, but not to look like a chav, so black lights, wheels, sensible zorst and lowering, they'res milions of them tht follow that trend??
The ones that go a bit further have to go for bodykits, lights and smoothing, and it just looks wank to be honest.

Nearly every one on there has gone the OEM+ route, with coilies, tints ans subtle touches. Kitted car =s are a no no in my opinion. Its all about performance, handling and looking standard. Sleeper. Or just being tasteful.

I am dying for a set of d90's. I think they look immense on C's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratlook_ping

avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 29
Location : exning
Drives : Mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:54

Ive seen a few on there sporting porka rims.

Thats the problem the subtle,sleeper, OEM route is a set trend with corsas. With Vdubs theres a kadrillion different thinks you can do to a car, just using standard parts cos so much can be changed. Hardly any of the cars on Fdubbers would look modified enough to the general public to be classed as an asbo car, but they're all different.

I rekon i could make a corsa look cool to the masses tho Laughing just would'nt buy one to find out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ping_i
jimmymidnight

avatar

Male Number of posts : 1998
Age : 30
Location : Soham/Ely
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:56



like this?

got to admit it's not bad!

(sorry to butt in, just got this pic on a swap offer, wheels only though)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratlook_ping

avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 29
Location : exning
Drives : Mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 01:57

yeh thats not bad atall! anyone who says otherwise is just being a stubborn fucker.

You up for a wheel swap? how bout a set of black teledials Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ping_i
jimmymidnight

avatar

Male Number of posts : 1998
Age : 30
Location : Soham/Ely
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 02:00

ratlook_ping wrote:
yeh thats not bad atall! anyone who says otherwise is just being a stubborn fucker.

You up for a wheel swap? how bout a set of black teledials Twisted Evil

i've been offered a couple of sets of tele's, still not sure if i can lose the polished 928's - they're just alot of work, and i think black wheels on the rado is the way forward, might have a chat at the meet, or before if you like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SRIDENZ



Male Number of posts : 41
Age : 32
Location : Sutton, Ely
Drives : Hybrid tractor
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 02:03

ratlook_ping wrote:
yeh thats not bad atall! anyone who says otherwise is just being a stubborn fucker.

You up for a wheel swap? how bout a set of black teledials Twisted Evil

Got my eye on some teledials atm.

That C looks great on D90's

I need them in my life!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratlook_ping

avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 29
Location : exning
Drives : Mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 02:05

i know what you mean, ive just hand polished a set of Pslots, im just gonna sell em as i cant be assed to keep em good.

The 'dials aint in great nick so you might not wanna swap, and they've bin refurbed by myself, in a morning Laughing , they look good from a distance tho, so if you wanna have a quick swap just to see how a set would look, bring a jack to the meet Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ping_i
jimmymidnight

avatar

Male Number of posts : 1998
Age : 30
Location : Soham/Ely
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 02:08

cool, yeah i might just do that! i've seen a few rados on tele's, they do look pretty nice, different, which i like!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaddyRage
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 6348
Age : 36
Location : Ellington, near Huntingdon, cambs
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   Sat Jan 17 2009, 10:57

Sridenz, thanks for letting the corsa forum know that the fendubbers meet is for VAG only. Has been quite funny reading your posts Very Happy

Reason we cant mixing vdubs with corsa's etc is before long, we'll be attracting other brands like pug 106's, saxo's etc due to the drivers thinking its a mixed meet.

Now we all know what the local chav brigade drive like so we dont need the attention from the police And if they do turn up, fingers will be pointed Exclamation

Keep on topic folks Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Next cambs meet.   

Back to top Go down
 
Next cambs meet.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» ALL FORD Swap Meet UFO Show Columbus, Ohio Nov. 28-29th 2009
» Pumpkin Run Swap Meet April 23, 2011 FREE CRUISE IN
» High Velocity Meet Results & VIDEOS 08/02/11
» Towson Tuning + Bill Bateman's 2010 Spring Meet
» Shepparton Swap Meet - Saturday/Sunday 10 & 11 Sept 2011.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Whats On :: Local Meets-
Jump to: