fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Water on the carpet

Go down 
+3
MarkGTX
martinb
gangsterdub
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Water on the carpet Empty
PostSubject: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptyWed Jan 07 2009, 14:17

my corrado has now got a puddle of water on the passenger side footwell. ive checked for leaks and none as far as i can see nd feel and it hasnt rained for a while so i dont have a clue.... the carpet is not drying out and the water dnt have that sweet taste to it.
its like ive got someone pee'in in there over night lol!

Could anyone help here as im stuck?
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptyWed Jan 07 2009, 16:05

do the heaters work? could be the heater matrix leaking....
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptyWed Jan 07 2009, 16:49

like martin said, it could be the heater matrix, or it could be a leak they can be hard to find. but as you say it hasnt rained for ages.

my bet would be heater matrix
Back to top Go down
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptyWed Jan 07 2009, 17:12

Does it have a sun roof?
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptyWed Jan 07 2009, 18:00

theres a common leak there with mk2 golfs...though right at the moment sat at my desk at work, i cant remember what causes it.

although it might be debris build up in the scuttle panel/tray, think it blocks something so that the rain water cant run off/out.

my old red golf used to do it in heavy rain until i cleaned the tray out
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptyWed Jan 07 2009, 18:28

yeh the heaters work well but i didnt know whether it had something to do with it being sat for about 3 months being started once a week, ive only just noticed it when there was damp appearing and mould. its hasnt got a sunroof mate and ive checked all the windows and all the rubber seals and there all tight.

ive checked all the underneath and nothing. but one thing i have not worked out is that its seems to be using a bit of water in the header tank and it seems to drink it even tho im not reli goin any distance or building up a lot of heat. the puddle has onli just 'appeared'.

the thing im worried about is the matrix 'exploding' hot water everywhere as ive herd a couple of cases of it happening and getting there feet burnt bad.

ill just keep an eye on it as its off the road for a few weeks as its having a bit of work done to it, flush all the rad through nd see what i can make out.

Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Male Number of posts : 95
Drives : Mk2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptyFri Jan 09 2009, 20:41

Have you tried jumping inside and getting someone to blast it with a hosepipe, particularly from the underneath and around all the seals?
If it IS coming in from the outside you should be able to see it..?
Back to top Go down
Schern

Schern

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptyFri Jan 09 2009, 21:13

Friend used to have a Metro and water started leaking in through the air inlet. Basically the box that the heater fan sits in was right under one of the bonnet vents. There was a rubber grommet at the bottom of the air box that should let water out but had got blocked with crap. When it rained water would fill the airbox until it got high enough to trickle over the edge and down into the vents where it left by the lowest point, the vents that keep your feet warm. Might be worth checking that if the system in the 'rado is similar.
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet EmptySat Jan 10 2009, 09:48

Schern wrote:
Friend used to have a Metro and water started leaking in through the air inlet. Basically the box that the heater fan sits in was right under one of the bonnet vents. There was a rubber grommet at the bottom of the air box that should let water out but had got blocked with crap. When it rained water would fill the airbox until it got high enough to trickle over the edge and down into the vents where it left by the lowest point, the vents that keep your feet warm. Might be worth checking that if the system in the 'rado is similar.

that was what i was on about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water on the carpet   Water on the carpet Empty

Back to top Go down

Water on the carpet
Page 1 of 1