fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

law on blak tinted lights

Go down 
+3
Rixy
billybug
brynt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brynt

brynt

Male Number of posts : 211
Drives : lupo gti
Registration date : 2008-05-13

law on blak tinted lights Empty
PostSubject: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptySun Jan 04 2009, 22:33

i wanna tint my rear lights black is there a way i can use window tint film or would it have to be a spay to do it ?? any help appriated
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptySun Jan 04 2009, 23:17

on my old mk3 i used just normal black spray paint on the inside of the lense, just one coat done the job, and i never got pulled over for it, and if you dont like it its reall easy to scrape off
Back to top Go down
Rixy

Rixy

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyMon Jan 05 2009, 21:18

or u can buy some proper light tiniting spray for about a tenner a tin...and do them properly Twisted Evil

i have just put a guide on how to do it, in this section on here :-) take a look.
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyMon Jan 05 2009, 22:08

u could try this stuff http://www.lamin-x.co.uk/

they do it in a smoke colour its not a solid black but pretty close.

Dan
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyMon Jan 05 2009, 22:42

Rixy wrote:
or u can buy some proper light tiniting spray for about a tenner a tin...and do them properly Twisted Evil

i have just put a guide on how to do it, in this section on here :-) take a look.

yea do it that way, i always do things ghetto Razz
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

Male Number of posts : 314
Drives : MK4 Ibiza PD130
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyTue Jan 06 2009, 11:06

If you buy tinting spray make sure it has laquer mixed with it if not you will get a shitty matt finish. You may need to buy a seperate can of laquer if the tinting spray doesnt have it in.

The stuff from lamin-x is pretty good too it shrinks when heated up so it can fit to the curves of the lights without leaving creases and air bubbles.
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyTue Jan 06 2009, 13:49

pretty sure you need to have a certain amount of reflective left visible for MOT, something like 2 inch sq.
Back to top Go down
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyTue Jan 06 2009, 15:00

45h845h wrote:
pretty sure you need to have a certain amount of reflective left visible for MOT, something like 2 inch sq.
have seen this done with temporary stick on bike reflectors! lol
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyTue Jan 06 2009, 15:29

bob_drinks_beer wrote:
45h845h wrote:
have seen this done with temporary stick on bike reflectors! lol

ahh touche! lol.. ive just heard of people masking the inside before spraying, or you could just get gti smoked rear lights?
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyTue Jan 06 2009, 19:45

and make sure the tint spray is for plastic! because the glass one reacts with the plastic
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyTue Jan 06 2009, 21:58

cheers for the help the lamin sounds good and with tinting them if i used window tint i wouldnt go limo id go slightly lighter only a lil bit though lol
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights EmptyTue Jan 06 2009, 22:02

Rixy wrote:

i had a look and i thought it looked good i wanna go black cos my cars dark blue n thought it would look alright did you have a heater pointed at them to dry it wuicker n give the shiney finish ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: law on blak tinted lights   law on blak tinted lights Empty

Back to top Go down

law on blak tinted lights
Page 1 of 1