fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

helllllp drive shaft has popped out

Go down 
+3
Tiz
onlyady
billybug
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

helllllp drive shaft has popped out Empty
PostSubject: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 00:05

ive been waiting for it to happen haha. so what actually happens if it pops out, will it pop back in? or will it be damaged? i neeeeeed to have it fixed for monday to go work :(
Back to top Go down
onlyady

onlyady

Male Number of posts : 577
Drives : 88 Caddy Diesel,
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 11:16

depends if our lucky or not could go dtraight back in may need some mild filing or could be fucked.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 11:36

bummer lol, the way my luck is goin lately its probaly fucked, guess im with out a car for a looooooong time haha
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 14:14

so far i have NEVER have a driveshaft pop and be able to put it back the CV is always fucked. Your gonna need to put a new CV on it mate.

edit: meant to say, as yours is a non gti billy it uses a 90mm CV so see if joe has any driveshafts with CVs on, you cant use a mk1 driveshaft(if its the long one, the short is the same) but you can use the cv off of it.

Last edited by Tiz on Sat Dec 13 2008, 14:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 14:15

is that expensive?
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 14:16

bout £50 new, ive got 2 mk1 shafts here on my caddy at the moment you can have to take the CVs off it you want? Yours for a tenner mate, good CVs as well.

Which shaft popped?

tell ya what im feeling nice, you can have the shaft you need for free if you come get it mate cheers
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 14:24

hopefully tomororw my brother can get a chance to have a look at it see whats fucked and ill let you know, because im dead skint till friday at the moment and got no way of getting to you, but ill let you know tomorrow if im gonna need them Very Happy

i dunno i pulled over because my carb froze and i had zero power haha, so i left off for a bit, started it up was fine so i went to pull out of the layby and then there was some clunking and i werent goin anywhere haha and for once i werent flooring it :p, guess its my fault for goin so low Laughing
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 14:54

unlucky, i just fixed my gti polo drive shaft with a lota help from AA mark. mine fell out twice how unlucky. u shud have a look at it as mine was ok just needed a good file n popped back in but my god its a messy job! fingers crossed it stays in now. hope ya get back on the road soon
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 16:02

is it me or is everyones drive shafts playing them up? must be the fenland roads lol! as mine has snapped again and i need help replacing the new one as the bolts that hold the shaft to the bit coming out of the gear box have rounded off Cry .... so if anyone knows anyone that could try and get them out for me id be pretty greatful for some pointers to say the least as im tearing my hair out!
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 16:24

gangsterdub wrote:
is it me or is everyones drive shafts playing them up? must be the fenland roads lol! as mine has snapped again and i need help replacing the new one as the bolts that hold the shaft to the bit coming out of the gear box have rounded off Cry .... so if anyone knows anyone that could try and get them out for me id be pretty greatful for some pointers to say the least as im tearing my hair out!

ooo shite!! i forgot i was meant to be helping you with that mate. Have you tried molegrips on the bolt heads? If not ive found a hammer and chissel to knock them round usually works to free them off. If none of that works just cut the heads off the bolts with an angle grinder, does the other shaft come with bolts? If not i can take a full set of bolts off a shaft ive got here?
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 17:57

billybug wrote:
ive been waiting for it to happen haha. so what actually happens if it pops out, will it pop back in? or will it be damaged? i neeeeeed to have it fixed for monday to go work :(

should have bought a mk1 geek
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 18:00

its worse on mk1s cause there is less clearance for shafts geek
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 18:11

Tiz wrote:
its worse on mk1s cause there is less clearance for shafts geek

no comment Suspect
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 18:21

you wouldnt know bout that would ya joe, you dont run that caddy low enough Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 18:25

matty_mk1 wrote:
you wouldnt know bout that would ya joe, you dont run that caddy low enough Razz lol!

oi floppy top your suppose to be on my side not billys! anyway if i did brake down at least u would be sitting on the side of the road in mk1 not a mk2 tongue
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 19:51

curtis_caddy wrote:
matty_mk1 wrote:

oi floppy top your suppose to be on my side not billys! anyway if i did brake down at least u would be sitting on the side of the road in mk1 not a mk2 tongue

come on now hill billy pick up boy Razz scared by 2 inch blocks and 15s Razz. If you was in a mk2 you wouldnt be broke down on the side of the road anyway you would be cruising by all the broken mk1s geek
Back to top Go down
onlyady

onlyady

Male Number of posts : 577
Drives : 88 Caddy Diesel,
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySat Dec 13 2008, 22:59

Think yourself lucky I thought that my shaffed had popped turned out it was a crack in the diff casing. New gearbox needed.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySun Dec 14 2008, 00:35

at least i dont get nose bleeds from beeing to high joe. Your car must be ideal for bird watching, up there in the trees. ever had anyone coming up to you asking for a hot air balloon ride?
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySun Dec 14 2008, 12:14

billybug wrote:
at least i dont get nose bleeds from beeing to high joe. Your car must be ideal for bird watching, up there in the trees. ever had anyone coming up to you asking for a hot air balloon ride?

haha fnny man, even nicking my joke about the nose bleeds from when u used to drive that so called "beetle" thing Suspect ay bill, least i can still drive mine geek
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySun Dec 14 2008, 12:48

id rather walk than drive your heap of sh1te Laughing
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySun Dec 14 2008, 15:20

Tiz wrote:
gangsterdub wrote:

ooo shite!! i forgot i was meant to be helping you with that mate. Have you tried molegrips on the bolt heads? If not ive found a hammer and chissel to knock them round usually works to free them off. If none of that works just cut the heads off the bolts with an angle grinder, does the other shaft come with bolts? If not i can take a full set of bolts off a shaft ive got here?

Nah its kool mate, i had to put it back on four wheels rather than it sitting on just one and the jack. ive tried molegrips but no luck with them at the minute. If the weather holds up ill try with the good old hammer and chissel tomorrow. the other shaft hasnt got any bolts with it so if you could sort me some out if possible dude id be greatful. oh yeah my cuz daral has bout a mk3 polo for 200 quid, got a set of bbs's and a g40 kit with it thing is hes smashed the mirrors off and folded one of the wings up, and it does about a mile to a gallon of water as the head gaskets going lol
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySun Dec 14 2008, 17:28

billybug wrote:
id rather walk than drive your heap of sh1te Laughing

you wnot be wanting lifts to or from work then lol!
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySun Dec 14 2008, 17:41

nope ill be getting picked up
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptySun Dec 14 2008, 18:24

oh balls to you then!
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out EmptyMon Dec 15 2008, 19:11

pleased me to give you a lift home after work, didnt relise how little densil i had tho haha my bad Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: helllllp drive shaft has popped out   helllllp drive shaft has popped out Empty

Back to top Go down

helllllp drive shaft has popped out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next