fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

installing a cd player...

Go down 
+2
TheMuscleMan
Weverall
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Weverall

Weverall

Male Number of posts : 460
Drives : Peugeot 307 D-Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-20

installing a cd player... Empty
PostSubject: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyThu Nov 27 2008, 17:42

i dont know whether this is the right section

but i just bought an alpine cd player with ipod connector, was wondering wheres the cheapest place to install?

or does anyone know how to put them in on here? its got to fit into a Skoda Fabia 56 reg

asked and they said i needed some facia thing and other wire things, i didnt really listen as he said round £50 to fit before he went on why it would cost a bit

this was at that motorsport store in ely

any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Dave
Back to top Go down
TheMuscleMan

TheMuscleMan

Male Number of posts : 128
Drives : BM-Dub
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyThu Nov 27 2008, 18:00

It's fairly simple to do. I've always installed my own and never read any instructions. The facia and ISO convertors you can buy from Halfords and thats all you need (except maybe the radio keys for the Skoda headunit).
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyThu Nov 27 2008, 18:39

its easy enough to do, ive always done my own.

if its anything like my mates fabia the loom is all wrapped up and tucked away so you cant easily cut the wires. so your prob gonna need an adaptor, from halfords as already said.

just do it yourself i say. nothing can really go wrong but it is worth disconnecting your battery before you do anything!
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyThu Nov 27 2008, 19:28

if you need a hand with it dude give us a shout.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyThu Nov 27 2008, 23:00

yea just go in halfords tell them what car you have and head unit and they will give you the correct adapter, even i managed to fit mine.
Back to top Go down
Weverall

Weverall

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyThu Nov 27 2008, 23:01

Mike, i might actually take you up on that offer, ill have to buy the facia and wire things at halfords on saturday

ill have a chat to them andd hope they've got the stuff, dont want to mess up the radio thing, like changing car next year sometime, dont wanna botch it loll

would i have to get the radio key? now where do i look lol

but wat days you free?
Back to top Go down
TheMuscleMan

TheMuscleMan

Male Number of posts : 128
Drives : BM-Dub
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyThu Nov 27 2008, 23:39

I doubt you'd have the OEM radio keys, not only does the manufacturer not expect you to want to remove the unit, but they'd love to charge you if you had such desire.

If you're going to the Cambridge Halfords, if possible, ask to speak to Karl, You'll know he's there as they'll be an orange and black kitted up MR2 in the car park. He is an absolute legend who knows far too much about car audio than is healthy and is (when in a good mood) very very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Weverall

Weverall

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyFri Nov 28 2008, 00:00

will do, gunna pop in 2moro morning, who can i say recommended me to him?
Back to top Go down
pinky

pinky

Male Number of posts : 344
Drives : Polo G40 Coupe
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyFri Nov 28 2008, 00:13

Weverall wrote:
will do, gunna pop in 2moro morning, who can i say recommended me to him?

Dr Dre
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... EmptyFri Nov 28 2008, 06:54

Weverall wrote:
Mike, i might actually take you up on that offer, ill have to buy the facia and wire things at halfords on saturday

ill have a chat to them andd hope they've got the stuff, dont want to mess up the radio thing, like changing car next year sometime, dont wanna botch it loll

would i have to get the radio key? now where do i look lol

but wat days you free?

I have radio removal keys...and if you are very lucky they will have the code written on the back of the stereo...you tried the handbook for the car?

I am around sunday this weekend...and could probably do any evening next week. If not it would be after about 4pm next sunday.

Numbers 07826926423
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: installing a cd player...   installing a cd player... Empty

Back to top Go down

installing a cd player...
Page 1 of 1