fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Or maybe its the head gasket...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Or maybe its the head gasket... Empty
PostSubject: Or maybe its the head gasket...   Or maybe its the head gasket... EmptySat Oct 18 2008, 14:57

went to go see the misses today and my car overheated.

no hot air out my heater, and when i got home (bout 3hours after it overheated) i took the expantion tank top off and there was still quite a bit of pressure behind it.

gonna flush it out, change the stat and run it up in a min and see what happens.

if it turns out to be the head gasket can anyone give me a hand doing it? not 100% confident at doing it myself
Back to top Go down
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Or maybe its the head gasket... Empty
PostSubject: Yep it is the head gasket   Or maybe its the head gasket... EmptySun Oct 19 2008, 10:54

fitted a new stat and flushed it through yesterday, no different so looks like im gonna be doing the head gasket or water pump as theres a bit of a noise coming from the bottom of the cambelt. will probs do both as i only want to give myself one chance to fook the engine up!

have no choise but to do it myself, does anyone know what haynes manual the AFH engine is in? ive got the manual for the year of car, but it doesnt cover the 16v engines Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Or maybe its the head gasket...
Page 1 of 1