HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 September meet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
VW Mike
Moderator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2138
Age : 33
Location : Ramsey
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 06:21

martinb wrote:
not so sure i can make it now, think emma has made plans to go out so im babysitting..... Rolling Eyes

bring the little one along Smile They should be getting into dubs early Very Happy

_________________


[center]www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk

Transport available for all your projects...PM me for a quote
[/center]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
tyeness

avatar

Male Number of posts : 595
Age : 32
Location : Cambridge yah
Drives : about once a week
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 08:00

LewisG wrote:
I've still got a unused black one in my car if you wan it?

Mate that would be quality if you're not sticking it to anything anytime soon!

And I reckon Martin should definitely bring the sprog!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaunnorris7

avatar

Male Number of posts : 90
Age : 32
Location : Whittlesey, Peterborough
Drives : Vento VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 08:10

will hopefully be there in my mk3 providing i finish work on time. would be my first meet too!! should have come to one when i had my vento :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liam B

avatar

Male Number of posts : 1257
Age : 26
Location : Bury St Edmunds
Drives : T4 Transporter, Mk2 Golf ABF
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 20:16

ill b there!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
curtis_caddy

avatar

Male Number of posts : 3070
Age : 26
Location : duxford
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 20:31

i forgot to put my new duck bill on, mite have to do it when i gett there if i dont have enought time at home Very Happy will be a good laff i suppose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billybug

avatar

Male Number of posts : 4530
Age : 28
Location : Ontario, Canada
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 22:27

it doesnt look like im gonna make it :( the beetle is dead at the moment. i have tomorrow off so im gonna try and get it working, anyone avalible to lend a hand??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz



Male Number of posts : 3773
Age : 27
Location : Wimblington nr March - Cambs
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 22:36

whats up with it mate? If i wasnt busy tomorrow i would come and fix it.


anybody meeting at co op beforehand? if so time etc etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billybug

avatar

Male Number of posts : 4530
Age : 28
Location : Ontario, Canada
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 23:10

not really sure, the carb is fucked i think, it idols perfect but when i put my foot down it kicks out pretty big flames out the carb then cuts out, and the coil seems to be getting pretty hot, fook knows, go through the Haynes book i think. i have another carb so i might try putting that one on see what happens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martinb
Moderator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1760
Age : 38
Location : Newport, Essex
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Thu Sep 25 2008, 23:16

VW Mike wrote:
martinb wrote:
not so sure i can make it now, think emma has made plans to go out so im babysitting..... Rolling Eyes

bring the little one along Smile They should be getting into dubs early Very Happy


you dont need to worry about that, my little boy Alex is already well on his way, this is him "helping" while we where doing the engine swap on my car, he was sooooooo proud he got oily hands lol:





My daughter Emily is not so impressed (asked me not to drop her outside school when i borrowed a mates ratty mk1) but think she is more into aircooled as she loves beetles and campers. Very Happy

Will try to get along but its unlikely this time.....

_________________

10% DISCOUNT FOR FENDUBBERS MEMBERS...PM ME!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz



Male Number of posts : 3773
Age : 27
Location : Wimblington nr March - Cambs
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Fri Sep 26 2008, 08:44

billybug wrote:
not really sure, the carb is fucked i think, it idols perfect but when i put my foot down it kicks out pretty big flames out the carb then cuts out, and the coil seems to be getting pretty hot, fook knows, go through the Haynes book i think. i have another carb so i might try putting that one on see what happens

Sounds more like timing or a broken dizzy to me mate, giving the wrong timing and firing at the wrong time (when the intake valves are open). Try setting the timing mate. I'll see if i can dig out the old website i used to use for problems best website in the world i swear lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimmymidnight

avatar

Male Number of posts : 1998
Age : 30
Location : Soham/Ely
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Fri Sep 26 2008, 13:16

not sure im going to make it tonight, still haven't got the bora back...Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billybug

avatar

Male Number of posts : 4530
Age : 28
Location : Ontario, Canada
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Fri Sep 26 2008, 13:33

Tiz wrote:
billybug wrote:
not really sure, the carb is fucked i think, it idols perfect but when i put my foot down it kicks out pretty big flames out the carb then cuts out, and the coil seems to be getting pretty hot, fook knows, go through the Haynes book i think. i have another carb so i might try putting that one on see what happens

Sounds more like timing or a broken dizzy to me mate, giving the wrong timing and firing at the wrong time (when the intake valves are open). Try setting the timing mate. I'll see if i can dig out the old website i used to use for problems best website in the world i swear lol

well my brother has taken the carb to work to rebuild it and he is gonna set the timing up so fingers crossed it will be ok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sc0rian



Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Fri Sep 26 2008, 15:20

martinb wrote:
VW Mike wrote:
martinb wrote:
not so sure i can make it now, think emma has made plans to go out so im babysitting..... Rolling Eyes

bring the little one along Smile They should be getting into dubs early Very Happy


you dont need to worry about that, my little boy Alex is already well on his way, this is him "helping" while we where doing the engine swap on my car, he was sooooooo proud he got oily hands lol:





My daughter Emily is not so impressed (asked me not to drop her outside school when i borrowed a mates ratty mk1) but think she is more into aircooled as she loves beetles and campers. Very Happy

Will try to get along but its unlikely this time.....


awww, thats so cool. thats how my kids gonna be Cool

i might be able to make it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitegt

avatar

Male Number of posts : 988
Age : 30
Location : Cottenham
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Fri Sep 26 2008, 17:00

take it wee meeting at 7.00 at co-op?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz



Male Number of posts : 3773
Age : 27
Location : Wimblington nr March - Cambs
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Fri Sep 26 2008, 17:09

Whitegt wrote:
take it wee meeting at 7.00 at co-op?


yeah boiiiii
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matty_mk1

avatar

Male Number of posts : 6255
Age : 31
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Sat Sep 27 2008, 18:55

Good meet last night peeps, better turn out than i thought there would be.

any1 get any moody pics in the dark?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
CaddyRage
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 6348
Age : 36
Location : Ellington, near Huntingdon, cambs
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Sat Sep 27 2008, 19:43

Yeah was a good meet. Pleased my truck restarted aswell Very Happy

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
curtis_caddy

avatar

Male Number of posts : 3070
Age : 26
Location : duxford
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Sat Sep 27 2008, 20:02

who's got piks then? put them up peeps as i forgot my camera, again Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitegt

avatar

Male Number of posts : 988
Age : 30
Location : Cottenham
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Sun Sep 28 2008, 09:19

yer great meet, loved the drag race matty! left that crappy saxo standing! see him rying it on he A14? what a pillock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tyeness

avatar

Male Number of posts : 595
Age : 32
Location : Cambridge yah
Drives : about once a week
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Sun Sep 28 2008, 20:31

I did take my camera.



Left the memory card at home though. What a twunt.

Was great to meet a few peeps and take a look at everyone's rides!
Got my fendubbers sticker on the golf and now owe LewisG a pint I reckon Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matty_mk1

avatar

Male Number of posts : 6255
Age : 31
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Sun Sep 28 2008, 20:47

Whitegt wrote:
yer great meet, loved the drag race matty! left that crappy saxo standing! see him rying it on he A14? what a pillock!

yeah was fun andy, ive sooooo gotta get mine setup so itll pull higher up Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
VW Mike
Moderator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2138
Age : 33
Location : Ramsey
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Mon Sep 29 2008, 09:19

Was a good meet Smile

Thanks to Tiz for the part i needed...and to Lewis for the wheels...am in the process of sanding down at the mo...will get pics up when i start painting. Smile

Oh...and a big thanks to Matt for giving me lift down Smile

_________________


[center]www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk

Transport available for all your projects...PM me for a quote
[/center]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
polo steph

avatar

Female Number of posts : 1445
Age : 30
Location : march nr peterborough
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Mon Sep 29 2008, 16:14

kool meet guys! we was there well l8! had a nice lil race with that saxo haha he got wooped by a gurl, hope he realises he shudda bought a DUB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaddyRage
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 6348
Age : 36
Location : Ellington, near Huntingdon, cambs
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Mon Sep 29 2008, 21:54

After having a poke round my engine bay today, i noticed my dizzy was loose affraid

driven to work in alconbury then the cambs meet like it lol

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Dboy

avatar

Male Number of posts : 101
Age : 31
Drives : GOLF MK4 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: September meet   Tue Sep 30 2008, 19:16

Hey guys are there any meets in Cambridge anytime soon in Oct?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: September meet   

Back to top Go down
 
September meet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Shepparton Swap Meet - Saturday/Sunday 10 & 11 Sept 2011.
» Sat 23rd Calne, Wiltshire - Annual Motorcycle Meet - FREE
» Cairns Swap Meet Car & Bike Show 2012
» Italian Meet 13-15 September 2013 in Rome to Celebrate the Birth of the K-bike
» ALL FORD Swap Meet UFO Show Columbus, Ohio Nov. 28-29th 2009

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Whats On :: Local Meets-
Jump to: