HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Hunter wheel alignment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Hunter wheel alignment Empty
PostSubject: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyFri Jun 22 2012, 10:52

Anyone know somewhere local that does this?

My car is now too low for a normal alignment check so needs to be done on one of the Hunter style machines.
These are where the lasers clip to the wheels and not where they hang over the top of the tyre.

Nearest I can find so far is STS in Bedford.
Anywhere more local to Cambridge/Ely? And anyone know of prices?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyMon Jun 25 2012, 09:28

Closest place I know of is Bishops Stortford Ant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyTue Jun 26 2012, 15:35

STS tyre pro's in march use the type that goes on the wheel and works for mega low cars. Also their ramps are ground level so any height car can get on them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyTue Jun 26 2012, 21:48

Tiz wrote:
STS tyre pro's in march use the type that goes on the wheel and works for mega low cars. Also their ramps are ground level so any height car can get on them

Yeah i noticed their setup the other week, shame theyre never very helpful in there[justify]
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyWed Jun 27 2012, 12:36

yeah they are less than helpful in there unfortunately. Bloody good gear though thats practically impossible to f**k up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyWed Jun 27 2012, 12:53

Think I might give them a call as I was going to go to STS Wheel Alignment in Bedford but it's like an hour and 15 mins from me.
Anyone got a clue as to how much STS March charge for a 4-wheel alignment? And whether they're any good?
Or is it worth avoiding them?
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyWed Jun 27 2012, 14:15

30 IIRC for a check and 1 adjustment dude IE to check all settings and adjust toe which sometimes pulls castor and camber back into line anyway. But if something else is wildly out I think its 15 per adjustment but its up to you if you have it done.

They are good because the machine is pretty much idiot proof you just keep moving things till the numbers line up. In the waiting room the screen shows them working on your car, the results, settings etc so you can proof it for yourself that they have adjusted everything correctly.

Its pretty quick too.

Had 3 of my cars done there and the girlfriends low polo all drove perfect afterwards! I think you get 2 weeks satisfactory gurantee too if the wheel isnt straight etc or your not happy they will redo it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyWed Jun 27 2012, 15:11

Tiz wrote:
30 IIRC for a check and 1 adjustment dude IE to check all settings and adjust toe which sometimes pulls castor and camber back into line anyway. But if something else is wildly out I think its 15 per adjustment but its up to you if you have it done.

They are good because the machine is pretty much idiot proof you just keep moving things till the numbers line up. In the waiting room the screen shows them working on your car, the results, settings etc so you can proof it for yourself that they have adjusted everything correctly.

Its pretty quick too.

Had 3 of my cars done there and the girlfriends low polo all drove perfect afterwards! I think you get 2 weeks satisfactory gurantee too if the wheel isnt straight etc or your not happy they will redo it.

Sounds alright to be fair. The one in Bedford wanted 50 straight up then charged for adjustments.
I rang the guy from March earlier and got booked in for tomorrow morning, and he said the current fees are 24.99 for the inital scan and adjustment and then charged for each one after that so can't really complain. The car's needed adjusting properly since the coilovers so this'll be a welcome relief.

Cheers for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment EmptyWed Jun 27 2012, 15:58

yeah i had a car I thought drove nice then took it in for checks as they had free checks on if I remember rightly and it was miles off. Drove like a dream afterwards!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunter wheel alignment   Hunter wheel alignment Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunter wheel alignment
Page 1 of 1