fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pre-emptive strike!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tyeness

tyeness

Male Number of posts : 595
Drives : about once a week
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Pre-emptive strike! Empty
PostSubject: Pre-emptive strike!   Pre-emptive strike! EmptyThu Sep 11 2008, 10:42

Right then, after the cam belt and clutch both got done last week, I've noticed a fair amount of (what I think is) water down the front of the engine block.

Looks like it's coming from the head gasket Cry

Was thinking of doing a pre-emptive strike and changing it before it pops big time, but I'm now totally skint this month so I'm gonna have to do it myself.

So basically this is just a request to see who might be up for helping me out and lending a more experienced hand with it?

I'll probably be next weekend, and I reckon a few people will probably be going to Players this Sunday anyway?

Anyway, gimme a shout if you can help!
Cheers
Mat
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-emptive strike!   Pre-emptive strike! EmptyTue Sep 23 2008, 06:21

you had this done yet dude?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
tyeness

tyeness

Male Number of posts : 595
Drives : about once a week
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Pre-emptive strike!   Pre-emptive strike! EmptyTue Sep 23 2008, 09:54

Alright dude??

I think I may have been talking out of my arse!

It's not been done yet, took it to get Paul to have a look and he thinks it was the remnants of the rocker cover leak, cleaned up the engine and we're keeping an eye. He'd compression tested it and stuff when he did the belts and reckons the head gasket is fine lol!

I think it's increasingly sounding a bit "worn" though - really noticeable when parking up when the car is warm, so I'm half tempted to take it off the road over the winter and rebuild it anyway, but I'd have to get some alternative transport so I'm just not sure really!

I'm really taken with the idea of having a nice smooove rebuilt engine though.

Bladdy cars Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-emptive strike!   Pre-emptive strike! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre-emptive strike!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: The Garage :: Engine and Gearbox-
Jump to: