fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mk4 US front bumper strip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Mk4 US front bumper strip  Empty
PostSubject: Mk4 US front bumper strip    Mk4 US front bumper strip  EmptySun Jul 24 2011, 11:10

Can someone tell me is a US bumper strip with a smaller plate recess or is it one without a recess ? Where can I get these from ? Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Crossy

Crossy

Male Number of posts : 92
Drives : Mk4 Golf
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 US front bumper strip    Mk4 US front bumper strip  EmptySun Jul 24 2011, 18:17

the US moulding is the fully smooth one with no recess. The one youre after is the jap spec one with what i think is a 12" plate recess. Available from dealers Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 US front bumper strip    Mk4 US front bumper strip  EmptySun Jul 24 2011, 21:28

I am after the complete smooth one !! The reason I ask is there is one on ebay claiming to be US spec but has a smaller recess not smooth. Do you know where I can get a smooth one from ?
Back to top Go down
Crossy

Crossy

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 US front bumper strip    Mk4 US front bumper strip  EmptySun Jul 24 2011, 22:40

I think the fully smoothed ones are only available from the US. Most people make there own. Either by using a product called Fusor to fill it, which is the best way to do it but its about 50 quid a tube! Other ways are using a donor rub strip and plastic welding a strip of plactic into the recess and using bumper filler over the top. I do believe you can also use a Bora rear moulding and plastic weld the Golf front end "corners" onto the "middle" of the bora strip. Bit of cut n shutting.
Back to top Go down
Crossy

Crossy

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 US front bumper strip    Mk4 US front bumper strip  EmptySun Jul 24 2011, 22:47

Forgot to say if you do find a genuine US front moulding you'll need a US front bumper cos the genuine US mouldings dont fit UK bumpers!
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 US front bumper strip    Mk4 US front bumper strip  EmptySun Jul 24 2011, 23:05

Nice one thanks mate Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 US front bumper strip    Mk4 US front bumper strip  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk4 US front bumper strip
Page 1 of 1