fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Woodmans Cottage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWoodmans

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-05-29

The Woodmans Cottage Empty
PostSubject: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptySun May 29 2011, 12:24

My family are in the process of moving into the above pub! The reason i am posting this is that we would like to invite you all to have a local meet with us. My stepdad and me a both petrol heads so this is why we welcome car clubs along, Hopefully you will want to come along some time even if its just for a few drinks. All we ask is that you plan ahead and inform us of numbers attending as we may be able to give a bit of discount on the food to make your day cheaper!

Details of the pub are below...

Woodman Cottage
90 High Road
Wisbech
Cambridgeshire PE13 4NB

Please do not plan anything yet as we will not be officialy in there until the 20th June but if you want anymore info please contact Karaina or James on 01775 723166
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptySun May 29 2011, 12:47

Nice pub fella have been there many times sounds like a plan
Back to top Go down
bravo211

bravo211

Number of posts : 1168
Drives : mk3 golf
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptySun May 29 2011, 12:55

love to come down and not that far away Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
TheWoodmans

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptySun May 29 2011, 14:26

Cheers guys!

I have to say though we are not in there yet. Will be best to pop over some time towards the end of june/beginning of july as we will definitely be in by then!
Back to top Go down
tomstanforster

tomstanforster

Male Number of posts : 1385
Drives : Mk1 Karmann cabby,Mk1 caddy,B3 waggon,2011 caddy van
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptySun May 29 2011, 14:34

sounds amazing ,i used to live in gorefield
Back to top Go down
TheWoodmans

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptySun May 29 2011, 14:47

Its good to see there is some interest!

For anyone who has been to the pub recently i will say this, Do not be put off by what you have seen previously, the guys who are currently in there really dont have their heart in it so the brewery who own the pub have not been keen to spend any money on it as its not making the return it needs to!

My girlfriend knows the brewery quite well as she has a big background working in pubs and once they found out we were interested in it they have big plans! All the work we have requested has been approved and the brewery is putting forward a lot of money to improve the pub knowing we will give it 110% to make this work!

I know only too well that a lot of pubs do not welcome large groups especially not car enthusiasts. I myself am a massive Alfa Romeo nut and attend many meets with them so i know that all you want is somewhere nice to get a meal/have a few drinks where you will be welcomed so that is exactly what you will get! All we ask is a bit of notice so we can arrange things around you to help keep costs down for you and make it an enjoyable day Smile
Back to top Go down
TheWoodmans

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 18:02

Its been a while since i posted here so ill give a bit of an update. We are now officially in the Pub, We opened last Friday and have had a very good weekend with a lot of positive feedback so we must be doing something right Laughing

Im sorry to say we are not doing food at the moment due to the kitchen undergoing a full industrial clean/service and revamp but we would still love to see you. We have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002575478118&sk=wall

We also have a live band this Friday (8th), Details are on the facebook page Smile
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 05:18

id come to a meet there.

not too far for me
Back to top Go down
TheWoodmans

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 18:59

bridgedubber wrote:
id come to a meet there.

not too far for me

Pop over any time you want. Just had news that the Kitchen cleaners are coming in tomorrow so should be doing food very soon!

If it comes to organising a meet and you guys decide you would just want a finger buffet for a price per head, basket meals or just order from the main menu once its set up properly then let us know. If we can do anything to accomadate you and make it a better day then tell us and we will see what we can do Smile
Back to top Go down
tomstanforster

tomstanforster

Male Number of posts : 1385
Drives : Mk1 Karmann cabby,Mk1 caddy,B3 waggon,2011 caddy van
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 20:33

oh yeah well up for this ,its my old local
Back to top Go down
TheWoodmans

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyWed Jul 06 2011, 11:52

Here's some pics.......

Obviously a front view

The Woodmans Cottage 271603_10150335304187588_658587587_9204925_583626_o

Then an areial view, Everything you see in this picture including the out buildings to the rear is part of the pub

The Woodmans Cottage 226662_122613664485179_100002096380257_171985_1373029_n

Once i get some decent pictures of the inside ill upload them too (possibly this friday as we have a band on)

Addrerss

The Woodmans Cottage
90 High Road
Gorefield
Wisbech
PE13 4NB
Back to top Go down
TheWoodmans

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyWed Jul 06 2011, 11:56

tomstanforster wrote:
oh yeah well up for this ,its my old local

Thats good to hear! Im not there most of the time as im in the Forces and live abroad but if/when you do come just tell whoever is behind the bar (should normally be either Kelly (My girlfriend) or Karaina (My mum) that you have spoke to me (Aaron) so we can get an idea of where people are coming from try to get to know you all.

The pub lost a lot of customers due to the previous management and we want to get them back along with many new ones (obviously) so please come along and have a quick drink and a chat if nothing more Smile
Back to top Go down
TheWoodmans

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyFri Jun 01 2012, 06:57

Hello

Its been a long time since i posted here but im happy to report the pub has gone from strength to strength. We are doing very well at the moment with a lot of the old locals coming back to the pub after keeping away and also attracting a lot of new customers.

I thought id pop back on to invite you all to have a meet. We have had the place refurbished now and also have a website www.thewoodmanscottage.co.uk We are celebrating 12 months of running the pub on the weekend of the 30th June and would love to see some clubs attending. There is a live band planned which always attracts a good turn out and promises to be a good night. If this doesnt suit you all then please feel free to organise something at a time/date to suit. All i ask is that you contact me here instead of calling the pub direct as im the car enthusiast so there for dealing with any clubs who wish to come along.

Hope to see you all soon

Aaron
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyFri Jun 01 2012, 17:03

Came and had a meal with my Mum and Dad and the bread knife and kids very nice would def recommend Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
TheWoodmans

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage EmptyTue Jun 05 2012, 19:55

LOWANDSLOW wrote:
Came and had a meal with my Mum and Dad and the bread knife and kids very nice would def recommend Thumbs up

Thanks! We apreciate any comments good or bad Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Woodmans Cottage   The Woodmans Cottage Empty

Back to top Go down

The Woodmans Cottage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Whats On :: Local Meets-
Jump to: