fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Couriers and packaging

Go down 
+4
whittle
matty_mk1
max
MarkGTX
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Couriers and packaging Empty
PostSubject: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 01:51

I'm hoping to get some wheels delivered, but the guy isn't keen on posting them. Im sure i read somewhere that some companies will package the items when they pick them up? Hs anybody heard of this or had any experience?

Oh, and if on the off chance someone is going to south wales in the near future do they want to pick them up for me? Smile
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 09:02

I had this with my subframe through Parcel2Go (who are the shittest company known to man). They picked it up with no packaging but as soon as it got too the depot they couldn't possibly touch it because of health and safety. Just to warn you the drivers will pick anything up but depending what it is there may be some ball ache with the depots.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 09:25

MarkGTX wrote:
I'm hoping to get some wheels delivered, but the guy isn't keen on posting them. Im sure i read somewhere that some companies will package the items when they pick them up? Hs anybody heard of this or had any experience?

Oh, and if on the off chance someone is going to south wales in the near future do they want to pick them up for me? Smile

standard roadtrip for wheels?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 10:05

Problem there is that they are about 5 and a half hours away matty. Thats a little too far I think
Back to top Go down
whittle

whittle

Male Number of posts : 1882
Drives : along the pavement
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 10:06

max wrote:
I had this with my subframe through Parcel2Go (who are the shittest company known to man). They picked it up with no packaging but as soon as it got too the depot they couldn't possibly touch it because of health and safety. Just to warn you the drivers will pick anything up but depending what it is there may be some ball ache with the depots.

That's freaking ridiculous. It's not like it was a ninja weapon

Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 10:08

MarkGTX wrote:
Problem there is that they are about 5 and a half hours away matty. Thats a little too far I think

Im out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 10:17

Thought you might be. I'm considering going for the weekend with Rhi, but its still a long way
Back to top Go down
Greg.

Male Number of posts : 9
Drives : mk4 Golf GT TDI
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 18:24

I'm driving to somewhere up near Manchester tomorrow to collect my alloys (320 mile round trip). I have to deal with DHL through my work on a daily basis and I really wouldn't trust them with anything of any value, they will always find some way to f**k things up.

As already said try and make a day or weekend of it.
Back to top Go down
shadydaz

Male Number of posts : 95
Drives : Golf MK4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyFri May 06 2011, 21:13

Drop it
Hide it
Lose it

Back to top Go down
t211

Male Number of posts : 15
Drives : Nissan 350z
Registration date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging EmptyMon May 09 2011, 23:11

Couriers get a bad press, for good reasons.
At work we sent a HP server to another site, paid extra (hundreds of punds extra ) to insure it and when it arrived in a torn box with a big dent in.... oh, "the insurance doesn't cover damage"!
Won't mention names though.
Back to top Go down
rp24k

rp24k

Male Number of posts : 522
Drives : Audi S4 Avant, 2011 t5, 74 bay, Audi A1 S-line tdi
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: .   Couriers and packaging EmptySat May 21 2011, 09:00

i run a franchise of interlink express in bury. we charge £42.36 for four parcels weighing 10kg each to be delivered. but you would need to add £7.50 on top of that for the collection charge from the other address.

Two things you could try, interlinkdirect.co.uk, type in 4 parcels @40kg total and see what price it gives. you wouldnt pay the £7.50 additional charge for the collection using this service and will probably be cheaper than a depot like ours organising it for you.

or try interparcel.com, again tell them you have four parcels weighing 40kg in total then they source the cheapest courier for you.

tell the chap you are buying them off to put circle's of cardboard on the face and back of the wheel then wrap it suffiently with parcel tape so the cardboard doesnt slip and the face of the wheel doesnt get damaged.

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couriers and packaging   Couriers and packaging Empty

Back to top Go down

Couriers and packaging
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Fendubbers :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: