fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!

Go down 
+2
Tiz
Joee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joee

Joee

Male Number of posts : 223
Drives : 89' Mk1 Caddy 1.6D
Registration date : 2011-01-11

13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! Empty
PostSubject: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyMon Mar 21 2011, 13:14

So..i bought some 13x8 Wellers the other day for my 89 Mk1 Caddy. They dont have tyres on atm incase i need to send them back.

The back ones go on fine, but the fronts wont fit over the calipers.

Has anyone else had this problem an is there a way to overcome it? If i had spacers they would have to be huge and the wheel would stick out stupid amounts and there would be hardly any thread.

Really love these wheels so any suggestions would be a huge help. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyMon Mar 21 2011, 14:00

I bet its the big bar that comes infront of the caliper that was always a problem with mk1s.... You have 2 choices

Fit early brake carriers from an early mk1 golf, jetta etc

Cut the bar off top and bottom (essentially makes them the same as early ones)

I had to cut the bar off and grind a couple of mill off the face of the caliper to get some revos on had absolutely no problems at all.
Back to top Go down
Joee

Joee

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyTue Mar 22 2011, 10:13

Cheers mate, do you know where i can get some early ones?
Back to top Go down
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyThu Mar 24 2011, 13:51

had the same problem fitting slot mags to my caddy, I cut the balance bar off the cailpers, brushed some paint on them drove up the road to see where was rubbing and took the grinder to said parts where the paint had rubbed:))
Back to top Go down
Joee

Joee

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyThu Mar 24 2011, 19:07

I dont really want to cut it about though :/ Bit dodge for insurance
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyThu Mar 24 2011, 19:19

how is it "dodge for insurance" it makes it EXACTLY the same as early carriers so not really a bodge...
Back to top Go down
Joee

Joee

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyThu Mar 24 2011, 19:34

No not dodge that the brakes might fall apart, ive been looking on other threads and apparently if you have a crash (which i don't plan to do) and your insurance see that you have made your own changes to things like that, especially brakes, they can cancel your insurance there and then. I'm just going on what ive heard and no one wants that to happen
Back to top Go down
ra man

ra man

Male Number of posts : 119
Drives : mk2 20v, defender 90, ccm r30, yzf r6
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyThu Mar 24 2011, 21:28

then just buy some early callipers without the extra bits and its all gravy. nothing will have been cut off so nothing will be wrong, simples.
Back to top Go down
Joee

Joee

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyThu Mar 24 2011, 22:26

Yeah thats the plan Smile
But no one answered lol
Joee wrote:
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyThu Mar 24 2011, 23:04

Joee wrote:
But no one answered lol
Joee wrote:

put up an ad in the wanted section on all the forums your on and look on ebay too
Back to top Go down
ra man

ra man

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyFri Mar 25 2011, 15:46

Joee wrote:
But no one answered lol
Joee wrote:

ah ha I'm a numpty
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyFri Mar 25 2011, 15:52

dude you seriously think an insurance company will be able to tell that? You think they will be able to tell what you have done or how it is any different? If you did a neat job of it and painted the calipers NOBODY would know let alone the insurance companies who dont have time(money) to waste.

Are you one of those people that covers the toilet seat in paper before you take a s**t just in case?
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyFri Mar 25 2011, 15:54

I painted my interior trim yesterday. Do i let them know Tiz?
Back to top Go down
Joee

Joee

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyFri Mar 25 2011, 16:19

Tiz wrote:
dude you seriously think an insurance company will be able to tell that? You think they will be able to tell what you have done or how it is any different? If you did a neat job of it and painted the calipers NOBODY would know let alone the insurance companies who dont have time(money) to waste.

Are you one of those people that covers the toilet seat in paper before you take a s**t just in case?

Yeah, might catch AIDS Wink

LOL why you gettin sand in your vagina? No need to get so aggro its a forum Laughing

I dont know if the insurance will do anything or not, like i said...its just what ive HEARD, i literally know nothing about this stuff so if someone says something i'm going to take it all on board aren't i...whether its right or wrong because i'm clueless atm.

Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyFri Mar 25 2011, 17:06

i heard you can get a women pregnant by touching her knee.... Doesnt mean im going to listen to that advice...

lupton i would... wouldnt want an invalidated claim. Although one of my friends did call his insurance company to declare some stickers on his car.. Extra £8 a year.
Back to top Go down
ra man

ra man

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! EmptyFri Mar 25 2011, 18:41

I once had a mk2 cavalier convertible fitted with a 2.0 16v red top and digi dash (should be 1.8 auto) slammed with aftermarket alloys, anyway none was declared it got stolen/recovered and insurance still payed out no questions scratch Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!   13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

13x8 Weller Wheels wont fit over brake calipers!!!!
Page 1 of 1