fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP! - Removing an aftermarket alarm?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

HELP! - Removing an aftermarket alarm? Empty
PostSubject: HELP! - Removing an aftermarket alarm?   HELP! - Removing an aftermarket alarm? EmptyWed Jan 19 2011, 15:34

Ok, so at the weekend I bought a new car.
Unfortunately it has an aftermarket alarm system already fitted.
I only really like OEM alarm systems as aftermarket ones require an extra fob to carry about. And bung in loads of extra wiring that makes a mess.

Anyway, I'm finding it a pain in the arse. Especially as I have a parasitic battery drain that I think is coming from the bloody alarm system. That and the fact it didn't make a difference to my insurance.
I want to remove it but don't have a clue where to start, and I think I might screw up the central locking. I'm not at all confident with it myself so I'll keep to the Audio side of things.

Does anyone know of anywhere local to the Newmarket/Ely area that has experience in this sort of thing? And any sort of price lists as to how much it'll cost to get the bugger out? And how long it'd take?

It's a Hornet Maxx 1 (clifford company) alarm system if that helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

HELP! - Removing an aftermarket alarm? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP! - Removing an aftermarket alarm?   HELP! - Removing an aftermarket alarm? EmptyWed Jan 19 2011, 18:22

Try my mate Mark Wild (make sure you mention my name)

He will come to you remove it, if you want a proper alarm fitted he will and can do that he warrantees his work and you can take it from me its second to none.

He is not the cheapest bloke on the block but you get exactly what you pay for with Mark, he brill.
He wont bullshit you into something you dont want or need. He is a dead straight fella.
There is always a discount for cash im sure.

His number is 07736 672849.

He lives in Lt Downham so local enough.
Tell him if he needs a workshop he can have mine, but he knows that.

Back to top Go down

HELP! - Removing an aftermarket alarm?
Page 1 of 1