fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SWG website

Go down 
+2
rp24k
matty_mk1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: SWG website   SWG website EmptyThu Dec 16 2010, 20:02

Anyone ordered anything from their site? when you come to check up i get a pop up warning saying the security is out of date so abit wary of putting my card details in.

Ive looked on Venoms site as i know they do a few SWG products but they arent listed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
rp24k

rp24k

Male Number of posts : 522
Drives : Audi S4 Avant, 2011 t5, 74 bay, Audi A1 S-line tdi
Registration date : 2009-12-05

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: .   SWG website EmptyThu Dec 16 2010, 20:22

matty i had an swg splitter on the vr6, it wasn't listed on venom's website so i just called richard@venom and he sorted it out for me.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyThu Dec 16 2010, 20:42

rp24k wrote:
matty i had an swg splitter on the vr6, it wasn't listed on venom's website so i just called richard@venom and he sorted it out for me.

Ok cheers mate, think ill give them a bell in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 07:52

thats only their SSL certificate, dont make a shits worth of difference to card details security anyway really. If it redirects you to a secure payment page provided by their PSP you are safe as houses. If it takes payment on their page its a little more risky but still not all that. If your paying by card always use a credit card then you can chargeback if any fraudulent transactions go through on your card. Literally ring your issuer say "i do not recognise this transaction" and they give you the money back. Paying over the phone is about a 100 times less secure than paying over the internet.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 09:58

Ok cheers for the info tom Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 11:08

Tiz wrote:
Paying over the phone is about a 100 times less secure than paying over the internet.

Never knew that !!
Back to top Go down
whittle

whittle

Male Number of posts : 1882
Drives : along the pavement
Registration date : 2009-09-11

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 11:48

Tiz wrote:
thats only their SSL certificate, dont make a shits worth of difference to card details security anyway really. If it redirects you to a secure payment page provided by their PSP you are safe as houses. If it takes payment on their page its a little more risky but still not all that. If your paying by card always use a credit card then you can chargeback if any fraudulent transactions go through on your card. Literally ring your issuer say "i do not recognise this transaction" and they give you the money back. Paying over the phone is about a 100 times less secure than paying over the internet.

sweet thats good to know ;-)
Back to top Go down
Tiz

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 17:42

guy wrote:
Tiz wrote:
Paying over the phone is about a 100 times less secure than paying over the internet.

Never knew that !!

When you pay over the phone some random phone operator writes it on a piece of paper, incase it fails so they can try the payment again, or if your lucky they write it to a database. Eitherway they store it somewhere, some even store the 3 security digits on the back of your card even though its illegal!

When you pay online not even the payment service providers who sit behind the company see the card numbers, let alone the actual company seeing them.

If you ever go to pay somewhere and you get redirect to another payment page provided by the payments company rather than on the actual companies website you are 98% secure when making your payment as you are providing your details straight to a PCI DSS payment provider.

Have i bored you yet? haha
Back to top Go down
Tiz

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 17:44

whittle wrote:
Tiz wrote:

sweet thats good to know ;-)

If you like the sound of the chargeback part as in ooo order something, say i dont recognise the transaction and get your money back pretty much no questions asked. Its called 1st part fraud Razz
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 17:52

well ive done it through the site, and it was the certificate, like you said tiz. got confirmation email so all should be good Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Doobie

Male Number of posts : 178
Drives : Passat V6 syncro tip
Registration date : 2008-07-17

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website EmptyFri Dec 17 2010, 22:55

Thought everyone would have a low limit creditcard by now that they use if they are unsure of the site/ phone / restaurant.... I have had one for a few years now.... high enough limit to buy what i want but not high enough to lose a lot of money if its cloned etc. keep a regular check on it too.... not that i am paranoid or anything....only use my main credit/debit card when i feel its safe or have used the site etc. many times before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SWG website Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWG website   SWG website Empty

Back to top Go down

SWG website
Page 1 of 1