fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

abf

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hoopster

hoopster

Male Number of posts : 630
Drives : mk4 golf
Registration date : 2008-09-12

abf Empty
PostSubject: abf   abf EmptyFri Dec 03 2010, 17:27

ive got a mk2 golf 16v with twin 40 carbs ive just had it all set up on a rolling road and its only 130bhp ( i wont more) so im thinking 2.0 16v abf lump. is it an easy swap ? will i need the loom and will my carbs still fit on it ok ? thx dean
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

abf Empty
PostSubject: Re: abf   abf EmptySat Dec 04 2010, 00:29

The reading you got was it at the flywheel or at the wheels ?

If its at the fly then its down on power as it should be 139 if its at the wheels then thats good as you lose about 30-35 brake through the gearbox alone giving you a true reading of around 160-165 at the flywheel.

The 2.0 bottom end will pretty much swap sraight over. use your head and cams. you will need to allow for a little clearance on the exhaust manifold (use yours) as the block is 16mm taller.
This may be a good time to use a fourbranch manifold and tsr (read as costly) do one thats made for this exact swap.

As the abf makes 150 from the off with your 40's you should show a healthy 175 ish with kr cams and head.
I've done this exact swap two or three times before running the kr head and keeping it on k-jet and one even showed a very strong 190.

But your reading might still be at the wheels and if so you've still done quite well and you should be very pleased with this result.

I HTH

Back to top Go down
hoopster

hoopster

Male Number of posts : 630
Drives : mk4 golf
Registration date : 2008-09-12

abf Empty
PostSubject: Re: abf   abf EmptySat Dec 04 2010, 06:00

it is at the wheels m8. but guna look into getting more power after xmas. well paying sum one to do it for me as im crap with cars lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

abf Empty
PostSubject: Re: abf   abf Empty

Back to top Go down

abf
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: The Garage :: Engine and Gearbox-
Jump to: