fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what do we all think to this?

Go down 
+4
t4vanwhoreyeah!
matty_mk1
martinb
charlie1987
8 posters
AuthorMessage
charlie1987

charlie1987

Male Number of posts : 897
Drives : 1996 5dr mk3 vr6 highline
Registration date : 2008-03-02

what do we all think to this? Empty
PostSubject: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 18:16

what do we all think to this? 141108border
what do we all think to this? 141108borderSmile! You're on candid camera!

what do we all think to this? 141108border
what do we all think to this? Asset-cameraUK drivers beware! Our roads are soon to be under the watchful eye of the ultimate speed camera, ASSET. Developed by the VVT Technical Research Centre in Finland, the ASSET (Advanced Safety and Driver Support for Essential Road Transport) uses 3D technology to detect multiple driving offences at once. The ASSET can detect speeding, tailgating, whether you're wearing a seatbelt and whether you have valid tax and insurance. ASSET will generate instant multiple penalties for drivers which raises the possibility of an instant ban.
Whilst overall feedback is that the camera will be welcomed, with a price tag of £50,000 per camera, there are concerns that the camera is merely a money making machine. Keep your eyes glued to your rear view mirrors as ASSET is set to make an appearance in 2013
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/fendubbers
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 20:38

i think the government use speed camera's as money making machines far more than for road safety purposes and think the whole system needs revising (increase of motorway limit, less camera's where they are not needed and more where they are e.g outside schools) BUT I also think anyone stupid enough to tailgate, drive without tax / insurance or without wearing a seatbelt etc deserves whatever thay get tbh....

Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 20:45

I think most people would be suprise at the amount police make out of speed camera vs what they cost. im sure we wont be finding these new cameras on every street corner any time soon. ive got no issue with static speed cameras its the coppers that sit in hedges with there little speed guns on a power trip that pisses me off!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
t4vanwhoreyeah!

t4vanwhoreyeah!

Male Number of posts : 193
Drives : 1.8 20v turbo mk4 estate & 2 many t4's its getting silly but maybe one day i will keep one ;) God there's loads of space in this little box! Wow still going where will it end?!
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 21:01

Hate em myself..

Ment to be getting rid of loads in Norfolk due to local council refusing to up keep them for free. Nice one! Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 21:30

When I lived in Stevenage I knew a girl who delt with the speed cameras and some of them were set just under the speed limit !!!!! Extra money I think !!! hissy fit
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 21:34

LOWANDSLOW wrote:
When I lived in Stevenage I knew a girl who delt with the speed cameras and some of them were set just under the speed limit !!!!! Extra money I think !!! hissy fit

How can that happen? when you get a ticket it shows you the speed you was going, and if it was under the limit surely you wouldnt pay it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 21:40

I asked the same she said they would send them out if they were even one mile over speed limit! She said they should set them with 10% tolerance incase speedo was out ! But the camera would be say set at 38 in a 40 so people would think they were getting caught to slow them down !! Thats what she said ! If you are caught and its less than 10% over you can get off !
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 21:59

surely the police should be spending that money on better things, they already have the normal cameras and the average ones all over the place there. We dont have speed cameras out here just have s**t loads of police on patrol, i see at least 5 police cars a day, and always see a least one person pulled a day

Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 22:12

We have got prob one car a county lol speed cameras are pointless if you know where they are you slow down then just carry on! The average spped limit ones make more sense for safety but I hate them. I wish the cops would do more about the bad drivers who cut you up or pull out on you
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 22:19

LOWANDSLOW wrote:
We have got prob one car a county lol speed cameras are pointless if you know where they are you slow down then just carry on! The average spped limit ones make more sense for safety but I hate them. I wish the cops would do more about the bad drivers who cut you up or pull out on you

Haha i think the average speed 1s arent the best for safety. allways looking down to check your not creeping over the limit while on a motorway isnt particularly safe in my eyes. although people have the ability to know where all fixed speed cameras are ( locations are on the website) alot still get caught, rendering them not pointless.
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 22:39

As a driver it is part of driving to look at the speedo thats why it is where it is and once you are at a speed you should be able to keep within 10% of that speed without having to look all the time ! The point of speed cameras are to make the roads safer (other than making the goverment money) so yes people get caught by speed cameras but does that make the roads safer and how many dont get caught !!! In my eyes reduce the speed is the point of them Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyMon Nov 15 2010, 23:12

You make a fair point as a driver you should be able to maintain a speed without going over the limit, but even though you know you can do it for some reason your brain makes you keep checking (well i know i do anyway) because you dont want to get caught doin less than the speed limit Razz So yeah you agree speed cameras reduce speed in the area they are placed? and that is what they are there for?
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyTue Nov 16 2010, 04:12

they are pretty dangerous too, the amount of people ive seen, even myself, panic when you see a speed camera and slam the brakes on, even if you are doing the limit people still seem to panic, they do help in ways but i think its better if they had actual police out there doing their jobs, not a camera
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyTue Nov 16 2010, 11:15

billybug wrote:
they are pretty dangerous too, the amount of people ive seen, even myself, panic when you see a speed camera and slam the brakes on, even if you are doing the limit people still seem to panic, they do help in ways but i think its better if they had actual police out there doing their jobs, not a camera

I read a survey from a independent company that did tests about this a few years ago. Turns out speed cameras actually cause more car crashes and probably cost more lives then they save. It was published but the government decided to ignore it. After reading the findings there is no way anyone can tell me they are not for generating money.
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyTue Nov 16 2010, 12:21

I love how people get really wound up about speed cameras - its not like the speed limits are new, they have been around longer than nearly all of us have been driving and 9 times out of 10 are in places people shouldn't speed anyway - anyone who gets a ticket in a 30mph zone is a t**t in my eyes, as the risks are much higher than on a motorway etc... if you don't want to fund these so called money making devices, don't speed where they are - you can hardly miss them - and if you do miss them, you probably shouldn't be driving!

I've been caught speeding twice, once by a mental police man who jumped out in front of me and once by a mobile camera, i accepted i was braking the limit, paid my fine and got on with my life.
Back to top Go down
t4vanwhoreyeah!

t4vanwhoreyeah!

Male Number of posts : 193
Drives : 1.8 20v turbo mk4 estate & 2 many t4's its getting silly but maybe one day i will keep one ;) God there's loads of space in this little box! Wow still going where will it end?!
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? EmptyTue Nov 16 2010, 17:20

Speed camera's arent pointless but it dont mean i like em!..

For example, outside my boys school, makes perfect sence..

Personally i think sighns like SCHOOL AHEAD, CHILDREN CROSSING etc etc should and do make most people slow down.

Another good idea is lowering the limit to say 20 in a 30 and 30 in a 40 etc on the assumption that people will break the limit anyway.. So instead of people doing 35/40 in what used to be a 30 they would be doing 25/30 if that makes any sence confused

Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do we all think to this?   what do we all think to this? Empty

Back to top Go down

what do we all think to this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Fendubbers :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: