HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Heater problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Heater problems  Empty
PostSubject: Heater problems    Heater problems  EmptySat Nov 13 2010, 14:04

Had problem with my heater blower not working replaced that now I am not getting hot air only cold !!! I am guessing this is the heater matrix gone is that right ? I have checked the stat it works but is a little slow too open is it worth replacing the stat any way could that still be the problem ? The weather is turning and I am getting colder by the day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Heater problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater problems    Heater problems  EmptySat Nov 13 2010, 20:49

Which car ?

If its a mk2 they air lock easily after an a/f change.
if you have removed the stat altogether then they are a right c**t to bleed and youll run cold all the time..

If when you filled it up did you open the heater controls ?
If not then you will air lock it and youll have a job to shift it.

to clear it....
Run it up and open the expansion bottle, before it gets too warm put your lips on the bottle and seal it now blow as hard as you can and pressurise the bottle hard !!
it should move it and itll gurggle!!
now rev it hard (4-5k) a few times.
it will need topping up if it unlocks.

The sure way to tell if the matrix is gone is to touch the floor, itll be wet and smell of antifreeze and your screen will always fog up.

If youre struggling call me and I'll talk you through it or bring it over and I'll clear it for you.

View user profile
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Heater problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater problems    Heater problems  EmptySat Nov 13 2010, 21:38

Thanks Guy no smell and damp carpets must be air lock ! I will drain whole system and start again if I get any probs I will come back to you Thanks Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Heater problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater problems    Heater problems  EmptySat Nov 13 2010, 21:45

It's draining it that causes the air lock !!

Open the heater (put it in hot position) top it and pressure it, then give it a good thrash, it'll help clear it.

View user profile
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Heater problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater problems    Heater problems  EmptySat Nov 13 2010, 21:53

Now you are taking!!!!! Thrash !!!! Ok mate will give it go and let you know thanks mate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Heater problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater problems    Heater problems  EmptySun Nov 14 2010, 08:37

ive never put my lips to the bottle before to pressurize it but otherwise i do the same!

you may find that air will come out for ages, i bled my 5door mk2 for about half hour and it was still gurgling, also ive done it a few times over a week and everytime the air kept coming out.

its also made easier by putting a bleed hole in the outer ring of the thermostat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Heater problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater problems    Heater problems  Empty

Back to top Go down

Heater problems
Page 1 of 1