fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help with big bumpers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Help with big bumpers  Empty
PostSubject: Help with big bumpers    Help with big bumpers  EmptySun Oct 03 2010, 12:24

Hello I need help these big bumpers are doing my head in !!! Ok I have removed the big bumpers from a mk2 I am breaking and putting them on mine which is also a big bumper model. I have got the back on with a little adjusting but the front is a nightmare! The bolts for the back part of the fixings dont seem to be long enough is there a trick that I am missing ? I can get the front two in but the back ones dont seem to aline 100% and like I said the bolts dont seem long enough! Please Help !!!!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Help with big bumpers    Help with big bumpers  EmptySun Oct 03 2010, 12:30

they gen or repo bumper?

my repo font bumper was a right arse to fit and that was brand new.

leave you indicators out as it allows to see down the chassis leg to the bracket, i found that helped. then i just had to keep bending the brackets to where they needed to be and also retapped the threads as the bolts wouldnt go in easily. Oh and dont do the front bolts up tight when you get them in as that will stop the back 1s going in.

HTH Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Help with big bumpers    Help with big bumpers  EmptySun Oct 03 2010, 12:35

Yes mate a repo that might be why!! I didnt think of leaving the indicators out good shout thanks mate! I keep trying to bend it and shape it but the prob is the bolts dont seem long enough and when I try bending it down it starts to distort
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Help with big bumpers    Help with big bumpers  EmptySun Oct 03 2010, 16:05

yeah i know exactly what you mean dude feels like its not long enough to reach the thread but it will be, i found you really do have to get the back bolts in first, because getting the front bolt in means you cant left the front of the bumper up enough(making the backet go down) to get the bolt in. i managed to do it on my own with alot of swear words but id suggest gettin a mate to help with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Help with big bumpers    Help with big bumpers  EmptySun Oct 03 2010, 16:50

matty's one was a right b***h to make fit. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with big bumpers    Help with big bumpers  Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with big bumpers
Page 1 of 1