fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo

Go down 
+2
Tiz
bananaskin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bananaskin

bananaskin

Male Number of posts : 302
Drives : Ibiza MK4
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo Empty
PostSubject: Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo   Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 22:30

Guide anywhere?

Cheers, this is if i decide to try myself.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo   Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo EmptyWed Sep 15 2010, 08:54

if you need a guide you shouldnt be anywhere near a spanner Razz take a wheel off and have a look dude.
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo   Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo EmptyWed Sep 15 2010, 08:55

Undo the two bolts on the back of the hub, push the hub/bottom arm away from the bottom of the shock, then undo the top mount, remove and replace with the coilover. It's a really simple job if you just look at it first to get your head round it. Though saying that most of the nuts are a b***h to undo without an impact wrench.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo   Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo EmptyWed Sep 15 2010, 11:21

max wrote:
Undo the two bolts on the back of the hub, push the hub/bottom arm away from the bottom of the shock, then undo the top mount, remove and replace with the coilover. It's a really simple job if you just look at it first to get your head round it. Though saying that most of the nuts are a b***h to undo without an impact wrench.

should do the topmount first really, but yeah what he said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo   Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo EmptyWed Sep 15 2010, 18:10

your all forgetting the important bit, before the coilies go on you MUST take the assister springs out and wind the adjuster as far down as you possibly can.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo   Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo EmptyWed Sep 15 2010, 19:24

billybug wrote:
your all forgetting the important bit, before the coilies go on you MUST take the assister springs out and wind the adjuster as far down as you possibly can.

this man has a point. I had to take mine off again Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo   Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitting Coileys on a mk4 polo
Page 1 of 1