fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My new car - name TBA

Go down 
+21
boyced
Ali_Shepz
VW Mike
mk1g60phill
jack
tomstanforster
matty_mk1
billybug
Dan34
whittle
Ian83
james.
nelds
mad4it
Jay
Stampers
max
Pistacheuro
Lupton_20vt
Nef
jimmymidnight
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

My new car - name TBA Empty
PostSubject: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyTue Aug 03 2010, 19:32

So as some of you know, i have been toying with the idea of about 100,000 different cars from new to used over the past few months.

2 weeks ago, after test driving some used cars, i finally decided that I wanted my first ever "New" car, so I popped down to Vindis VW in Cambridge to look at new Scirocco's - they were ok but nothing in my price range jumped out to me, and the ones that I could afford just felt rubbish to drive, heavy, slow and wollowy... (if thats even a word)

So i left feeling a little blue, and started thinking about one particular little hatch back i've liked since they were released back in 2004. a RWD hatch was a definite must, so I headed over to Elms BMW, and before I knew it, I had whopped down a deposit on a new car.

Today, i picked it up...

My new car - name TBA DSCF1446

My new car - name TBA DSCF1447

My new car - name TBA DSCF1449

My new car - name TBA DSCF1444

My new car - name TBA DSCF1445

a late '09 E81 118d Sport - only previous owner is Elms.

Its a six speed 2.0 turbo diesel and i actually love it, even though it's tiny and small engined, it's actually about the same off the mark as the E class was, and has all the mod cons like bluetooth, iPod, half leather sports seats, run flats, sports suspension etc...

I don't really plan on doing much to it straight away, with warrenties and all, but we'll see what happens

All comments welcome.
Back to top Go down
Nef

Nef

Number of posts : 551
Drives : Black Seat Leon Cupra - GSXR750 K6
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyTue Aug 03 2010, 21:43

nice car mate, cant wait for the modding to begin.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyTue Aug 03 2010, 21:50

Looked good tonight dude My new car - name TBA 680462 the right colour choice too.
Back to top Go down
Pistacheuro

Pistacheuro

Male Number of posts : 1343
Drives : '95 6N.
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyTue Aug 03 2010, 22:55

Knew it'd be a Oner.

Like it dude, nice spec too. Await the first mods whenever they may happen.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 07:55

Project Bimder would be a satisfactory name for this.
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 09:05

It did look Sir Swish tonight, plus the paint was sexually smooth! With a little drop and some tasty wheels this will look awesome
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 09:44

Cheers dudes, i still need to properly sit down in it and work out how half of it works, i need to program the AC and radio to the key and shiz like that - geeky saturday calling!
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 10:34

Looks nice mate. Prefer the Coupe though, but only as i'm biased... Laughing
And you're now the minority of 1 series drivers that knows your car isn't FWD!... http://www.worldcarfans.com/110032225250/80-percent-of-bmw-1-series-drivers-think-the-car-is-a-front-wheel

Anyway, will it not void your warranty, and various other implications if you modify any of it?
I only ask as Evies brother has a car on finance and his agreement states that it can only be genuine Ford parts, for that exact model of Ford (no ST engine transplant into a standard petrol for example), and must be fitted by a Ford mechanic.

I guess it all depends on what's in the contract and your terms of agreement with BMW, but as they own the car I would think that the modification aspect is a little 'grey' (I gather BMW are the finance company for this?)

I suppose you can get away with coilovers if you change them back to standard suspenion before your services and MOT's, but thats just hassle.
It'd just be easier to raise them.

Not being a spoilsport, just something to think about before you screw about with the suspension/wheels/interior etc. BMW can be a bit of a pain sometimes as they charge sh!tloads for certain things in comparison to other car companies (services for example).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 10:44

I really dont like the coupe, it looks like someone has put an E91 (or whatever) in a washing machine on hot wash and shrunk it down.

With regards to modifications, certain mods will void the warrenty, and because of that im not going to do anything that cannot be replaced/put back to normal, as in 3 years the car will go back to BMW and swapped for a brand new one then. This is also the same with MOT as the car is brand new (well, 5 months old) and therefore the MOT will not be due until 2012, which i think is plenty of time to put the standard bits back on, being 2 years away and all.

New BMW servicing is actually really reasonable as it's no longer done in a "minor service" and "major service" way, it's around 30% cheaper to service at a main dealer than Audi or VW, and about 45% cheaper than MB.

The car isn't financed with BMW as I put down quite a large deposit and therefore got a better rate from an external finance provider. As it's not my first financed car, I have been through it a few times before and am well aware of the risks, which is why all changes that might be made will be replaceable ones.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 10:46

I think i just fell asleep reading that. My new car - name TBA Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Male Number of posts : 768
Drives : Mk3 Golf Cab
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 21:57

Stampers wrote:
Looks nice mate. Prefer the Coupe though, but only as i'm biased... Laughing
And you're now the minority of 1 series drivers that knows your car isn't FWD!... http://www.worldcarfans.com/110032225250/80-percent-of-bmw-1-series-drivers-think-the-car-is-a-front-wheel

Anyway, will it not void your warranty, and various other implications if you modify any of it?
I only ask as Evies brother has a car on finance and his agreement states that it can only be genuine Ford parts, for that exact model of Ford (no ST engine transplant into a standard petrol for example), and must be fitted by a Ford mechanic.

I guess it all depends on what's in the contract and your terms of agreement with BMW, but as they own the car I would think that the modification aspect is a little 'grey' (I gather BMW are the finance company for this?)

I suppose you can get away with coilovers if you change them back to standard suspenion before your services and MOT's, but thats just hassle.
It'd just be easier to raise them.

Not being a spoilsport, just something to think about before you screw about with the suspension/wheels/interior etc. BMW can be a bit of a pain sometimes as they charge sh!tloads for certain things in comparison to other car companies (services for example).

Bloody hell Ant can't you just say it looks nice!!!My new car - name TBA 298631

Oh and by your statistics this car is 7-8 times better than your BMW and 21 times better than mine! My new car - name TBA Icon_king
Back to top Go down
mad4it

mad4it

Male Number of posts : 666
Drives : e36 318is coupe
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 05:36

very nice motor mate My new car - name TBA 51732
Back to top Go down
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 05:54

very nice fella, we had one of these for the weekend to test drive and it was great, lots of toys as you say like puddle lights My new car - name TBA 51732 It was just a little bit on the small side for us so we went with the X3.

Love the colour too
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 10:01

Cheers guys! I really like the colour, Just thinking of a few other colours for wheels that will go well with it!

yeah it is alot smaller than the merc too, but as i don't do much driving with other people anymore, it's perfect for me!plus it costs £30 less to fill and gets 160 more miles to a tank - double win!
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 10:05

Question im asking is will it drift?

Since its FWD My new car - name TBA 298631 My new car - name TBA Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
mad4it

mad4it

Male Number of posts : 666
Drives : e36 318is coupe
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 10:15

its not fwd is it ???My new car - name TBA Confused
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 10:18

when its wet and you press the "make me sideways" button, it works a treat on roundabouts!
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 18:59

Really like these mate My new car - name TBA Icon_biggrin

Nice purchase My new car - name TBA 51732
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 21:21

jimmymidnight wrote:
when its wet and you press the "Take me sideways" button, it works a treat!

My new car - name TBA Icon_clown
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 22:15

Get rid of the run flats and you'll find it handles better!

Good car's overall and you know being a BMW it's built to last.
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyFri Aug 06 2010, 12:08

james. wrote:
Really like these mate My new car - name TBA Icon_biggrin

Nice purchase My new car - name TBA 51732

Cheers mate, ive always had a soft spot for them, and they are much nicer to drive than the mk6 golf or Audi A3, plus i got a great deal so it was a bit of a no brainer...

Ian83 wrote:
Get rid of the run flats and you'll find it handles better!

Good car's overall and you know being a BMW it's built to last.

The run flats aren't that bad to be honest, our Mini Cooper S has them aswell, but when I change wheels i'll definitely have normal tyes!
Back to top Go down
whittle

whittle

Male Number of posts : 1882
Drives : along the pavement
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyFri Aug 06 2010, 12:13

Lupton_20vt wrote:

are you retarded or just ignorant?

Last edited by thermal on Fri Aug 06 2010, 17:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyFri Aug 06 2010, 14:50

Its a previous joke tom.
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyFri Aug 06 2010, 14:54

you're a previous joke.
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA EmptyFri Aug 06 2010, 15:25

thermal wrote:
Lupton_20vt wrote:

are you retarded of just ignorant?

Retarded sentence.

Nice car by the way!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new car - name TBA   My new car - name TBA Empty