fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
evets

evets

Male Number of posts : 118
Drives : mk4 golf 20v T
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! Empty
PostSubject: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 17:56

just changing oil, put flusher in..let cool..jacked up..plug undun fine then just kept turning??? how do i get it out now?? and yes i did turn it the right way..lol
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 18:06

Sounds like it has pulled the threads. Probably over tightened up last time. It should come out if you keep winding it undone using a 19mm spanner. But if the threads are knackered when it comes out its new sump time.
Back to top Go down
evets

evets

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 18:26

Ian83 wrote:
Sounds like it has pulled the threads. Probably over tightened up last time. It should come out if you keep winding it undone using a 19mm spanner. But if the threads are knackered when it comes out its new sump time.
yeah it keeps turning and turning and so on.................. still not come out yet!! know amnyone that can gat them out??
Back to top Go down
evets

evets

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 18:29

where do i find the sump code if i need a new one??
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 19:39

evets wrote:
where do i find the sump code if i need a new one??

There is only 2 different sumps for the 1.8T either with or without oil sensor. And you need the tube of sealer to refit the sump and seal it to the block.

As for getting the old bung out. Have you tried winding it back in to see if its shifts whatever is blocking up the threads?
Back to top Go down
Q86ARR

Q86ARR

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 20:47

Fairly common on ally sumps. You might me able to get one of the local engineering places to put a heli-coil in and repair it. I think Cambridge Rebores charge around £50
Back to top Go down
evets

evets

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 21:36

ah nice one mate cheers, you dont have a number by any chance?
Back to top Go down
whittle

whittle

Male Number of posts : 1882
Drives : along the pavement
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 22:09

evets wrote:

01638 743797

i wouldnt even bother getting the sump fixed. you may aswell just get a shallow one.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 22:19

thermal wrote:
evets wrote:

01638 743797

i wouldnt even bother getting the sump fixed. you may aswell just get a shallow one.

This man is right just get a shallow one, you will also need the shallower oil pick up too. G werks do the whole kit posted for 140 ish.
Back to top Go down
evets

evets

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! EmptyWed Jul 21 2010, 17:29

all done ...new sump bolt..happy days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!   Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk4 golf sump plug stuck in!!! s**t!!help!
Page 1 of 1