fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....

Go down 
+5
mk1rolf
Ian83
billybug
Jake mk2
WeFoundThePark
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WeFoundThePark

Male Number of posts : 425
Drives : Low. Parks: Just as Low.
Registration date : 2009-05-18

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Empty
PostSubject: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyThu Jun 17 2010, 00:11

as those following my build thread will know, the golf is currently unroadworthy due to its lack of body panels and different sized wheels front and rear.

in some of my pics you may have noticed a large white fiat ducato van, i bought it off my old man when he upgraded and as well as work related stuff it keeps me mobile so i can do silly things with the golf.

so imagine the joy on my face as i was heading to a job this morning and noticed a small plume of smoke trailing behind the van, then imagine the joy as other road users started to flash me due to the smoke cloud pouring from the van under acceleration......

i pulled over and switched off the ignition, the engine stopped and i could hear the turbo spinning down. great. turbo seals / bearings and god knows what else f*cked.

i fired it back up and headed home, slowly, with as little load on the engine as possible and avoiding any boost from the turbo.

got home and this is what it was like, on idle! Shocked

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... DSCF6639

anyway, i still hadnt got to the job i'd originally left to go and do so with the golf out of action i made a quick call to my old chap and within minutes was back on the road in his rear wheel drive 230ps decatted Mazda RX8 (it pops flames on gear changes). happy days.

so a couple of hours later i'd finished the job and was heading home, sun was shining, music was on so time to drive like a complete knobber and turned off the traction control. after a bit of B road blasting i came onto a roundabout quite enthusiastically and with a little clutch kick i soon had the rear wheels smoking and quite a bit of opposite lock, onto the dual carriageway and flat out thru the gears until i was well into 3 figures and then.....

blackpool illuminations. i think every light came on the dashboard apart from the screenwash level! oh sh*t i've cooked it. as i scrubbed off the speed i listened out for any tell tale noises and, well, took a photo too.....

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... DSCF6626

so, erm, anyone wanna lend me their car? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.betrayyourprinciples.co.uk/
Jake mk2

Jake mk2

Male Number of posts : 413
Drives : Mk2 Golf GTI
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyThu Jun 17 2010, 00:44

Heroic effort.

I wish my dad would lend me a car like that
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=742850927
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyThu Jun 17 2010, 02:49

if i was still around i would have lent you my mk2, that car wouldnt die Razz
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyThu Jun 17 2010, 18:25

You need a green X reg Fabia Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : 76 bus..superfly Tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyThu Jun 17 2010, 20:05

Legend i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... 51732
Back to top Go down
All_Torque

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyFri Jun 18 2010, 21:32

nothing changes i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptySun Jun 20 2010, 16:49

i didnt think i'd have any need to update this thread as my run of automotive bad luck was surely at an end.

oh how wrong could i be....

sooo, with the van dead and awaiting a turbo rebuild and the RX8 needing diagnosis i thought it was probably a good idea to make the golf roadworthy again, wings back on, headlights back in, bumper on and a set of 15" gti wheels off the 3 dr got me back on the road.

now imagine the look of absolute jubilation on my face as 30 mins later and on the A14 the back end goes light and i have to counter steer to keep the car in a straight line.

i pull over and have a quick look round the car. oh joy, i have a flat!

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Resize_P1948_19-06-101006201725401

now most of you will be thinking, bad luck but no big deal, put the spare on and good to go. this is me remember, do i have a spare wheel and jack in the boot? no, i have a stickered up sub and a blue football. happy days.

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Resize_P143301_20-06-10100620172826

slaphead
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptySun Jun 20 2010, 18:46

haha my tt comes with a jack in the boot but no wheels from factory, figure that 1 out Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Jake mk2

Jake mk2

Male Number of posts : 413
Drives : Mk2 Golf GTI
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptySun Jun 20 2010, 18:56

This is becoming an epic thread
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=742850927
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptySun Jun 20 2010, 20:40

You still on the side of the A14?
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptySun Jun 20 2010, 20:51

nice colour ball though.
Back to top Go down
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyMon Jun 21 2010, 13:45

matty_mk1 wrote:
haha my tt comes with a jack in the boot but no wheels from factory, figure that 1 out Razz

its prob so you can come jack my car up and wait for someone with a spare wheel with me?.....

Jake mk2 wrote:
This is becoming an epic thread

i wish it wasnt tho. fml.

Ian83 wrote:
You still on the side of the A14?

yeah thanks for the concern mate. its ok tho, i heard someone is coming by on thursday with a bottle of water, some gaffa tape and a twix.

billybug wrote:
nice colour ball though.

cheers billy, luckily i had the blue one in the car otherwise some of the other road users wouldnt have been able to see my keepy ups. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyMon Jun 21 2010, 13:47

Inters football ftw i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyMon Jun 21 2010, 13:52

told you it was already in the car! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
All_Torque

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyTue Jun 22 2010, 11:12

could have been worse jonny i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... 651561 remember the teg coming off the services slip road i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Icon_lol your description was ace rofl
Back to top Go down
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyTue Jun 22 2010, 21:44

i get the feeling you may be refering to this little incident.....

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Fgdfgdfd

can anyone spot whats missing? came off at approx 100mph in the fast lane of the A14 overtaking a BMW as i was catching up with a convoy (one of whom was finch AKA AllTorque)on the way to JAE @ billing aquadrome. about 30 seconds earlier i'd be speaking to a law enforcement officer about my lack of front number plate and the forward facing speed cameras on that stretch of road. smug, not for long.

Back to top Go down
whatalotafun

whatalotafun

Male Number of posts : 1656
Drives : fiesta zetec, eunos roadster, 1970 bug, honda vt 250
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyWed Jun 23 2010, 17:02

WeFoundThePark wrote:

can anyone spot whats missing? came off at approx 100mph in the fast lane of the A14 overtaking a BMW as i was catching up with a convoy (one of whom was finch AKA AllTorque)on the way to JAE @ billing aquadrome. about 30 seconds earlier i'd be speaking to a law enforcement officer about my lack of front number plate and the forward facing speed cameras on that stretch of road. smug, not for long.

looks like you might need this
https://fendubbers.forummotion.com/parts-for-sale-f17/single-vw-golf-17-alloy-for-sale-t10439.htm
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyWed Jun 23 2010, 20:23

WeFoundThePark wrote:

that must have been wheely scary!
Back to top Go down
All_Torque

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... EmptyWed Jun 23 2010, 20:49

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Icon_lol Rofl the phone call was classic,

Jonny: urm think you might wanna turn round...

Me: why what have i forgotten..

Jonny: my wheels just gone past mei should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Icon_exclaim

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Icon_lol i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Icon_lol

Was it JAE thought it was japshow, dont think i ever went to JAE..... (did we) i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....   i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while.... Empty

Back to top Go down

i should probably leave cars alone for a lil while....
Page 1 of 1