fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[

Go down 
+14
LOWANDSLOW
Jake mk2
rp24k
martinb
jack
Dan34
millfischk69
mk1g60phill
Lupton_20vt
matty_mk1
BenjaminHeavey
whatalotafun
CaddyRage
jonnyboy17
18 posters
AuthorMessage
jonnyboy17

jonnyboy17

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-04-21

My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Empty
PostSubject: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:14

Right.. a very sad day today...
got to work.. noticed a customers car parked VERY close to my friends g60 corrado outside, so i parked my mk1 in the disabled bay right out the front of store, so no-one could get close to it (dont worry, the bay isnt hardly used).
was minding my own business working away (halfords), when i glanced out the front of the store, to see this VW transporter LEARNER flying into the carpark, and into the back of my car, and smashing my car into a large post at the front of store.
neeless to say i was gutted.. so i ran outside.. trying not to fly off the handle.. along with a workmate (the one who has the g60 i previously mentioned), got insurance details, names, numbers, etc. got witness details too.

BUT.. called police, and they didnt want to know until i kept pestering them, as the driver and her mother both asked to not go through insurance, etc, for some reason, which sent alarm bells ringing.
police come, look at my car, check its mine, then instantly comes out with, 'you are aware those number plates are illegal..?'. i just looked at him in disbelief.
Anyway.. after a few short answers with him, he runs the checks, insurance etc, and comes to me for a 'quiet' word;
'are you aware the MOT ran out the 28th of April?'
'Erm.. no.. as ive only had it on the road since the 1st of May when i got it MOT'd and TAXED it..'
'But do you know theres no MOT?'
'Erm.. officer... i COULDNT TAX IT without MOT...?'
'Ah.. i see... you best get it checked out...'..
WTF?
Anyway.. after my bad talks with the officer.. he talks to the driver and mother of the other vehicle.. and explains..
'after checking your insurance.. it appears your daughter isnt actually named on the policy... but i rang them, and they do say she is covered...'
how does that work?
if she isnt on the policy.. surely she isnt insured????

Anyway.. all details exchanged, and she has offered to pay for it to be repaired, depending on how much the quotes are, and if they ARE too high... to go through insurance.
Now obviously i dont want to go through insurance, as they will just write the car off... and bye bye to the mk1.
So im hopeing the quotes are feasable tomorrow.
anyway.. heres the photos.. they really dont show the extent of the damage =[
My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Pic368
My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Pic369
My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Pic371
My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Pic372
My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Pic373
My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Pic374
My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Pic375

Obviously.. im propper GUTTED.. :(
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:22

Nightmare mate. Looked like a tidy mk1 aswell

Hope all gets sorted and the mk1 lives on though mate

They'd be hell to play if it was mine My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
whatalotafun

whatalotafun

Male Number of posts : 1656
Drives : fiesta zetec, eunos roadster, 1970 bug, honda vt 250
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:26

i real feel for you mate, hope it salvageable! Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Back to top Go down
BenjaminHeavey

BenjaminHeavey

Male Number of posts : 964
Drives : VW Passat B4 2.0 "Passion Wagon", VW Polo mk4 1.0
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:31

it's Wisbech what ya expect you need a bigger tank round Wisbech
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:31

Martinb's breaking a mk1 mate so you could probs use bits to fix yours.

If its too much work for you then gimme a shout as i'd even more gutted to see it scrapped
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:34

looks pretty repairable to me. front panel, bonnet, rear panel and i think that rea quater will pull out tbh. is the chassis leg alright at the front and boot floor?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:35

i would have been windmill swinging left right and centre. Really feel for you dude. Hope it gets sorted asap!
Back to top Go down
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:40

Oww m8 she couldnt of hit a new worthless peice of s**t car could she My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ 11737
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
millfischk69

millfischk69

Male Number of posts : 997
Drives : MK1 Golf GX 1457cc, 53 plate MK4 R32 in DPB, Kawasaki Ninja J1
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 21:14

feel sorry for you mate looked a nice mk1 you got there.

If its any help i have a rear quarter panel in my lock-up that im sure if i will never get round to using
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 21:17

Thats guttin man, ive seen this car outside halfords quite a few times! looks sweet My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ 680462
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
jack

jack

Male Number of posts : 859
Drives : golf 4 20vt
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 21:25

Evil or Very Mad i would of went mad at em myself No
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 22:08

Damn, that really sucks dude My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Icon_mad , hope you get it sorted.

as Lee said, im currently breaking a mk1 (see parts for sale), bits are selling fast but let me know if you need anything

Martin My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ 460227
Back to top Go down
rp24k

rp24k

Male Number of posts : 522
Drives : Audi S4 Avant, 2011 t5, 74 bay, Audi A1 S-line tdi
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: .   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 22:17

even if the insurance do write off the mk1 and give you a pay out, you can still keep the car. buy it back from them for penny's and fix it with the rest of your payout. i've done this with a car and so has a mate of mine. you are best to give the insurance company the highest quote possible. then when they agree to pay out, refuse their offer's a couple of times and they will increase the payout.
Back to top Go down
Jake mk2

Jake mk2

Male Number of posts : 413
Drives : Mk2 Golf GTI
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 22:19

Dude that sucks so bad. I got insurance involved with my derby and they just wrote it off. Maybe you could buy it back from them with the payout?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=742850927
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 22:52

I think it looks worse in the pics mate! Let me know if you want a quote from my cousin? I know next time I come to halfords I am parking on the other side lolMy Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ 51732
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 00:06

bugger :( im sure thats repairable but freaking annoying hope its sorted soon man
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 08:50

rp24k wrote:
even if the insurance do write off the mk1 and give you a pay out, you can still keep the car. buy it back from them for penny's and fix it with the rest of your payout. i've done this with a car and so has a mate of mine. you are best to give the insurance company the highest quote possible. then when they agree to pay out, refuse their offer's a couple of times and they will increase the payout.

What he said mate. Don't get it fixed on the cheap just because they don't want to pay a lot, they crashed into you they should have to pay as much as it takes.
Back to top Go down
jonnyboy17

jonnyboy17

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 16:57

Cheers for the responces.

well im worried about going through insurance, as when i had a crash in my 106 last year (not my fault) it wasnt badly damaged, similar to this, and could have been repaired easilly, they wrote it off, as a Cat B, so couldnt be put back on the road.

if i do go to insurance and get to have it back, surely it will have a Cat C or D against it for the rest of its days then?

been to some bodyshops today, one wouldnt touch it, one wanted £2500 My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Icon_eek and one said if i supplied the parts required (obviously at womans expense) then they would repair, and respray for £400. parts NEW are totting up to around £500 atm though.

What would you guys do?
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 17:25

i would get it fixed mate! shop around a bit more, i dunno how far Royston is from you but G&B autosprays is real good, go speak to dennis there real nice guy!
Back to top Go down
red_MK2_ryder

red_MK2_ryder

Male Number of posts : 89
Drives : Mk2 Ryder 1.3 - MK2 GTI 8V
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 18:15

That really sucks My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Icon_evil i think you were much calmer than i would have been, i hope you dont loose the MK1, as it looks real tidy.

typical of the police, when the first thing they do is have a b***h about your plates. My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ 298631
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 20:14

That just completely sucks start to finish, I really feel for you.

If you want to get a good repair at resonable money I have friend who could do this for you. try seans auto sevices in Fen road Cambridge tell them you got his number from Guy and he'll help you out..07970 265317
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[   My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[ Empty

Back to top Go down

My Smashed up Mk1.. Driven into outside work. =[
Page 1 of 1